1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God only wrote one BOOK!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by william s. correa, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

If a MAN cannot find an inerrant Bible to preach from let him go out of the pulpit and find a job doing something he does beleive in! AV 1611 a Bible you can trust your soul with!

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quit flaming, Bill!
    Give us proof.

Rob

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Which is why I use my NKJV. :D

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deut 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

A) God never said anything about the KJV being the only Book He wrote... men presume(d) that.

B) There is absolutely NO evidence to support that this "prophecy" is true. The KJV manifests itself as an excellent translation... not a directly inspired (as in word for word) revelation from God. It is inspired because it transmits the same truth that the original inspired writings did... not because of its independent merit/authority.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

William,

Here is what the KJV translators themselves said regarding other translations.

"Now to the latter we answer; that we do not deny, nay we affirm and avow, that the very meanest translation of the Bible in English, set forth by men of our profession, (for we have seen none of theirs of the whole Bible as yet) containeth the word of God, nay, is the word of God."

They certainly would not agree with your assumption that "God only wrote one book".

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Inflammatory thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.