1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God Speaks in Worship

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by dontuknowit, Apr 17, 2008.

1. dontuknowit

dontuknowit New Member

2. queenbee

queenbee Member

Checked out the website. Never been, but I'd go in a flash. Looks like some incredible teaching experiences! If I had some $$ set aside, I'd sponsor our worship team to attend at my expense. Just as pastors and other professionals on staff need to be renewed, so does the worship team. I can only think that this must be a hilight for any worship team member to join in once a year, or even once in a lifetime.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

What did He say to you? How do you know it was God you heard?
    I really am not trying to be facetious here, and I know I could be reading far more into your statement than you intended :) .
    By the way, I have just noticed that this was your first post, so welcome to the Baptist Board!

#3 David Lamb, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  4. dontuknowit

dontuknowit New Member

What I heard

What I heard was repentance- I knew it was from God because it wasn't the devil telling that I was no good and being overwhelmed with condemnation. It was the true heartfelt regret for not esteeming God for all that He is and how I allow myself to be distracted by the world instead of keeping my focus on God.

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Praise God for that! But that leads me to ask - do you not hear about repentance, and the sins of not esteeming God and being distracted by the world, at you home church? I am not being judgmental here, but if your are a member of a church where these things are not preached, perhaps you need to ask why they are not preached. However, I realise that possibly all you were meaning was that although such things are preached at your home church, you didn't take them in until you heard them at the conference.

6. dontuknowit

dontuknowit New Member

Holy Spirit Revelation

No its not that I didn't hear at my home church nor that I suddenly decided that I should listen to those at the conference....it was the movement of the holy spirit that brought revelation of repentance when I was there. The holy spirit speaks to me this way at home, church, and when I go to conferences....I see conferences as just a great way to have focused time with other believers

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Donyuknowit...

Praise God. The Holy Spirit does indeed speak as you are describing, and its a beautiful thing.