1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God still heals, and confirms His true servants

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by luke1616, Dec 24, 2010.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you seem to have missed the point.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ah, the "spelling police Baptist Board defense". Haven't seen that one used recently :rolleyes:

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

TCassidy; To confirm the inscripturation of the word of God. As the canon is closed, and a great curse is pronounced on those who try to add to the canon (Rev. 22:18) it is obvious that the purpose of signs and wonders has ceased and they are no longer Christian, but are the work of the devil to prepare the gullible for the coming of the Anti-Christ. This is what you quoted in your words. The scripture does not teach this doctrine that you speak: You are saying them that do signs and wonders are of the devil right? Not what my bible teaches me. Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
    Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
    Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
    Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; Act 3:2 And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
    Act 3:3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
    Act 3:4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
    Act 3:5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
    Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
    Act 3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
    Act 3:8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
    Act 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God: 1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Jas 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
    Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
    Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. What I get out of your quote is that you are saying them that do wonders and miracles and signs are of the devil and are Anti-Christ. So you are saying the apostles of Jesus Christ are devils and Anti-Christ? The apostles of Jesus Christ did miracles and signs and wonders. I just want to know when all of this ceased to be? Because what I read all of this will follow them that believe and greater works shall they do. Ether the doctrine you give is right or Jesus doctrine is right. Call all men a lie and God the truth!

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

:laugh:

Only two kinds of people don't have trouble spelling. One is the highly educated, Mr. Cassidy. The other are those you have ispell installed, myself. :laugh: