1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God vs. Hate Crimes Law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by DQuixote, Jul 23, 2007.

?

What would you do? A crime has penalties!

Poll closed Jul 28, 2007.
  1. I'd continue to speak out, out loud.

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I'd stop speaking out, out loud.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

If given the choice, what would you do if a hate crimes law said you could no longer speak out, out loud, or in print, using so-called "hate speech" which identified one group or another as sinful or evil or lost or in need of a Savior?

No cop-outs, please. Just answer the question. "Print" is speaking out, out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~

BaptistBeliever has copped out. Next post, please.........

#1 DQuixote, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Didn't Jesus teach that we can sin by just thinking evil thoughts? Which is worse, thinking about something or saying it out loud?

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd continue to speak out loud, but only in the proper venue, which is church, and my home.

I will continue to preach against homosexuality, lesbianism, adultery, fornication, licentiousness, ungodliness, and all the sins listed in the Bible, but the proper venue is behind the pulpit, in the church I pastor, or in a church where I am visiting preacher, and I don't care if any member of the group which is hit by the message is sitting in the congregation.

I am in church, where I have the right to be, where people expect me to say what they hear, and they came in.

However, a public place is not the proper venue.

Just my two cents' worth.

4. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

That's a 1/2 cop-out, pinoy, IMHO. Church services are included as part of "public speaking out". It would also include the BB and similar boards.

I thought that the OP covered that. Maybe not.

Folks, don't edit the criteria. In essence, you have to keep your mouth shut and your letters to the editor and other outlets quiet. ZERO public acknowledgement of your faith. Remember, it is an IF. I'm not speaking to established law in the USA. This is an IF. What will you do if your mouth is zipped shut and your fingers bound in this issue?

Thanks!

:jesus: :godisgood: THANK YOU 2 Timothy!!!

#4 DQuixote, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Matt 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops

2 Tim 4:1-3 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine

6. billwald

billwald New Member

need more options.

I propose we corrupt English words as the homosexuals do. They corrupted "gay." We corrupt "adore," as in "I adore homosexuals."