1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God wants all men to be saved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    of course...you have no response to him or any like him...where is your big jn 5 post? still waiting for your freewill verses,lol

2. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that his book on the Sovereignty of God has two editions, one by Banner of Truth in the UK, and the other printed in the USA. If I remember correctly, one of the editions was modified because it was found to be over-the-top on Predestination... Says a lot about Calvinism!

3. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I responded already # 70

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies, I posted a response to a wrong thread.

5. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    NP

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Saved-By-Grace

ok...lets look at it...
    You will not come to me is the condition of all natural men since the fall...they cannot come, they will not come....

exactly....the natural men never is willing until God gives a new heart....good verse.

of course not....mans will...is bound by sin...
    Man hate the true God...

Jesus was bearing witness against them....you miss the whole point, like here;
    mt23:
    30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will defend most all of what he wrote...the disputes are minor in nature...

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Study it a little more. And note that Luke often groups his writing by topic rather than by chronology.

10. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "we fully believe that [the rich young ruler] was one of God's elect and was 'saved' sometime after his interview with our Lord....It is written, 'Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out,' and this man certainly did 'come' to Him." —Arthur Walkington Pink, The Sovereignty of God

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Calvinist by free will, and I thank God that He made me willing. :)

12. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I remember correctly, in probably late November, early December of last year, Mr Davis who was on here, asked you about this very thing, when I said then that Judas took the Lord's Supper, and that Jesus died for him, if this were right, and you said yes, Judas did part-take, and Jesus did die for him. Maybe you can find that conversation. What has changed your mind since then?

13. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    "From Luke's account it appears most clearly, that Judas was not only at the passover, but at the Lord's supper, since this was said when both were over" (John Gill)

"it seems plain that Judas did receive the Lord's supper, did eat of that bread and drink of that cup; for, after the solemnity was over, Christ said, Behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table. There have been those that have eaten bread with Christ and yet have betrayed him" (Matthew Henry)

14. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    its good night from old England :Sleep

15. Felipe Rios

Felipe Rios Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Inconsistent with your own teaching.

16. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think you'll find it is. :)

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Banner of Truth's Censorship of Pink is discussed here:

The Banner Muzzles A.W. Pink (found partway down the page)

"In the preface to this edition, the publishers note that 'the contemporary value of the book could be increased by certain minor revisions and abridgements.' What were these 'minor' changes? THREE CHAPTERS and ALL FOUR APPENDICES were gone!...The Banner of Truth Trust whisked away 44% of the sections of Pink’s book....The chapters were: 'The Sovereignty of God and Reprobation,' 'God’s Sovereignty and Human Responsibility,' and 'Difficulties and Objections.' The appendices deal with the false distinction between decretive and permissive will, the foreordaining of the Fall, and treatments of John 3:16 and 1 John 2:2 to show that there is not a universal love or propitiation."

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. This gives a different sequence.
    Luke 22
    19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, 1 and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying,2 This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

21 3 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

23 And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing.

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am fine with his orignal...maybe they were trying to to offend delicate persons like yourself...

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.