1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Godlical Christians and Biblical Christians of today

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So the only "truth" you know are the voices in your head? You cannot trust the Word of God because you weren't there when it was written?

2. longhino

longhino New Member

Yes, the only truth that I acknowledge are those that comes out from the mouth of the Lord Jesus and you were not a witness to it when it transpired to us. I really cannot trust anything and anyone who is not the Lord God Jesus Christ, much more so that I cannot believe at once anything and anyone which and whom I have not witness to in my life.

Do you trust the bible or do you put your trust in the bible? Is the bible your Lord God?

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Dead Sea Scrolls verify the accuracy of the method of copying by the Jews which was also adopted by the Christians in copying the New Testament. Not even the most radical liberal textual scholar doubts that over 98% of the scriptures are the very words found in the originals. The percentage left deals primarily with word order, differences of tense, and other minor details that do not affect any doctrine in scripture.

Furthermore, Jesus used COPIES of the Old Testament and confidently stated what he quoted was "thus saith the Lord" or "it is written."

Your cavilier approach to scriptures where you pick and choose, pit Christ's words against Paul's words demonstrate you have no understanding of the scriptures and no respect for the Scriptures comparible to how Jesus respected and used the scriptures and we are followers of Him and not you! You will not find Christ pitting Moses against Isaiah or Jeremiah against God but that is your mindset.

You are simply a deceived individual who follows his feelings and thinks it is God talking to you whereas we are like the Bereans whom Paul praised because they searched the scriptures rather than merely took the word of Paul.

Your claim that you only respect the words that come out of the very mouth of the Lord is a claim to equality with prophets of scripture and so we must use the Biblical tests of a prophet to test your professions and you have already failed many of those tests already but you need fail only one to be deemed a false prophet.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Longinho - If what "Jesus speaks" to you were to contradict what the Bible says, which would you follow?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just copied a portion of the "I am the pastor" text, then put it in Google with quotes around it. It was easy.

6. longhino

longhino New Member

Of course, I shall follow Jesus who is the real and alive Almighty Lord God of all, even of the bible. How about you, are you a follower of the bible or of the Lord Jesus? Is Jesus the bible to you?

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How does Jesus speak to you?

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Jesus was a follower of the Bible as He quoted it to justify all that he did! Are you a follower of that Jesus?

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

In my opinion this guy Longinho, or anyone who spews his garbage, needs to be banned from the board!

10. longhino

longhino New Member

You can use/try anything you want to test what I am saying, but I tell you, there is nothing that is much superior than the the Lord God Jesus Christ Himself who gave those things to us, why don't you just come to Him today and ask from Him the truth in all things you wanted to know in your life rather than living your life in mere assumption and presumption of things that transpired when you were still nowhere out of sight? It is Jesus that we need, those words I shared with you guys are just testimonies (no need to take anything as doctrine or teaching) that Jesus is real hence the need to come to Him for us to arrive in the truth.

11. longhino

longhino New Member

Is it because I am telling you guys to come to Jesus and to put all your trust in Him? Or is it because there are some contradictions in your understanding and that of the bible accounts with the things we received from the Lord? WE are in a debate forum here and all I'm doing here is to point you to come the Lord Jesus only and not to the bible.

12. longhino

longhino New Member

Jesus is the Lord God, how can He a follower of the bible? Does it mean that when we read or we quoted from the bible we are follower of the bible? Indeed I am a plain follower of the Lord God Jesus Christ who is alive and real in all ages and unto eternity.

Did you hear from Jesus himself He was a follower of the Bible as you claim?

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The Jesus of the Bible did not treat the Scriptures as you do. The Jesus of the Bible commanded his skeptics to "search the scriptures" and when religious professors violated the scriptures he told them "ye do err NOT KNOWING THE SCRIPTURES" which you claim no one needs to know.

You are a deluded and proudful man who glories in your own imaginations while despising the very thing Christ cherished - the scritpures - and repeatedly quoted to justify all that he did.

Christ never pitted Moses against Isaiah or told his followers not to read and obey the scriptures.

Christ told his skeptics NOT TO BELIEVE HIS WITNESS unless it was verified by other witnesses - John 5:31

31 ΒΆ If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

If that were true of Jesus then how much more is it true of you! What witnesses do you have to confirm what you say is true! Jesus had the witness of God's Word and quoted it all the time to confirm who He was and what he believed and did was pleasing to God.

yet you come with your nonsense and expect others to simply follow your delusions

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So are you saying that we are not saved?

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

What you do not understand is that Jesus reverred the scriptures as the Word of God so much that it was his own title "The Word" (Jn. 1:1) as He was the spirit of prophecy and so to despise the scriptures was to despise Him as it was His Word.

What you do not understand is the scriptures say there is "another Jesus" and that is the Jesus you serve and follow. The Jesus of the Bible reverred the scriptures as the Word of God while you despise them and count them as nought. That is sufficient evidence of the spirit behind you that is leading and teaching you (1 Tim. 4:1).

#56 The Biblicist, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  16. longhino

longhino New Member

The very first means that Jesus used to speak to us was through 2 angels, a telescreen materials being held by 2 angels, and a child whose mind was used by Jesus to read audibly in front of us what was lwritten on the telescreen materials...........

17. longhino

longhino New Member

Not I but only Jesus can tell who are not and who are saved.

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There are two type of angels. The type you follow is obvious - demons!

19. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Good post #54

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.