1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Covenant Protection

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by David M Darling, May 28, 2022.

1. David M Darling

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Several years ago a guest speaker came to my other church, Grace Chapel, for our annual missionary convention. She gave an absolutely mind-blowing teaching! It had to do with covenant. When we get saved we enter into a covenant with God. Most Christians do not understand covenant, with the exception of the Israelites, they tend to understand this. When we enter into covenant with God we enter under God's "roof", His shelter of protection, and He is obligated to protect us, it is non-negotiable, He must protect us and anyone that curses us is automatically cursed and anyone that blesses us is automatically blessed. Another thing that I discovered, there is a seven-fold curse for breaking God's covenant, this is also automatic and must happen. There is a scripture in the bible that explains this- Judges 19:24.
    "Here, take my virgin daughter and this man’s concubine. I will bring them out to you, and you can abuse them and do whatever you like. But don’t do such a shameful thing to this man.”-Judges 19:24.
    There was a man who came into the master of this house and entered into covenant with him and came under his covenant protection, he was obligated to do anything to protect him, he was even willing to give up his virgin daughter and the concubine to be abused rather than break covenant and let this man be harmed. What happened to this man's daughter and concubine was a horrible, abominable thing and I am sure the master of the house was horrified at the thought of it, but his covenant protection could not be broken, this explains covenant. We are also under God's covenant protection and He MUST protect us!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New Covenant is the one where God does the keeping of it, Jeremiah 31:31-34. ". . . for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. . . ."

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New Covenant is the one where God puts His laws in our minds and writes them on our hearts.
    My comment would be: if God's laws are not in your mind and written on your heart, what reason would you have to suppose that you are in the New Covenant?

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, w are told in John 10 that Christ the Good Shepherd will keep His sheep safe.
    But the Good Shepherd's sheep are a special breed; they are distinguished by their ears and their feet. They hear the Shepherd's voice and they follow Him (John 10:27). If someone is not listening to the Shepherd's voice on a regular basis, and not endeavouring to follow His commands, what reason would he have to suppose that he is one of His sheep?