1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's double decree of predestination !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 1, 2011.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Misapplication of these verses, in order to support your belief!

Bible teaches that God predestines the elect to become saved and confirmed into image of Christ, while he by passes the lost and allows them to get the own chosen destiny.. He predestination would be that lost people go to hell, but its due to their sin natures. sins commited, rejection by 'free will" to receive Christ!

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: What is this nonsense about a 'chosen' destination of damnation? They were born, according to you, damned from the start. They only acted in the only way possible, not being one of the elect. You need to reconsider your positions. :thumbs:

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I have no problem with double predestination but then the world is a stage and we are actors reading our scripts. That's fine. But people who preach double predestination and give God a free pass irritate me.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

da

Thats your excuse for rejecting the Gospel of God !

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

What "damned' them was their sin natures, willful sinning, and willful rejection of Chrsit to save them from their sins...

In your understanding...

IF a sinner rejects jesus and stays condemned by God...

WHOSE fault is that?

Won't the lost stay lost ANY way that you understand this?

And STILL be their own fault?

6. billwald

billwald New Member

God gives an easy final exam to his friends and a hard exam to people he doesn't like?

7. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

"Predestination" is not even mentioned in the verses of the OP.

EVERY time the term predestination is used in the Bible, it is referring to God predestinating the establishment of the church. It never uses the term in reference to individual salvation.

How do you folks get "predestination" out of these scriptures?

BTW, the elect here are the members of the "church", not specially chosen individuals. Somehow you guys think that you are born as the elect.....but in fact, you become the elect when you get saved.

John

8. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

How come Cals claim that God "chose" some to be saved, but you deny that God 'chose' the rest to damnation?

It stands to reason, that if God picked some to go to heaven, then He picked others to go to Hell.

You cant sugar coat this.

Dechaser, if you believe that God doesnt give you a choice, then it is God's fault for people going to hell. He created us evil, and if he doesnt allow us to repent, then it is His fault that people die lost.

PS.....I dont believe this, but if you believe in Calvinism, then this is the only logical explaination.

John

9. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

ALL of us left to our own natural desires would reject christ and refuse to come to him, as we are born sinners, and sin natures will keep on blocking us receiving jesus and getting saved!

that is why God HAS to save us being enable us to be able to freely chose Christ, those are his elected out peoples, as the rest allowed/permitted to go as they desire!

You are assuming those not saved forced to be lost by god, but its they are deciding to reject Jesus themselves!

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Two Manner of People !

Gen 25:23

23And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

There are Two manner of People in this world, however they both enter this world the same way, out of a woman's bowels. Now lets read Rom 9:20-24

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

This is a offshoot of Gen 25:23, that is seed by Paul mentioning it in Rom 9:12

Now the Two manner of People in the World are #1 Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23 of which it is declared of them " afore prepared for Glory" and secondly, the vessels of wrath, which are said to be "fitted for destruction". Now in the instance of both, the persons of each category are being acted upon by an Ability which constitutes them what they are ! For the vessels of mercy are afore prepared unto Glory [ by way of being born sinners]; for some sinners will obtain mercy 1 Tim 1:13

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. See Rom 11:30-31; and the vessels of wrath, fitted or being fitted for destruction or wrath [by way of being born sinners] as those appointed to wrath 1 Thess 5:9; 2 Pet 2:12; Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

11. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

verses referring to those who God has "specific plans " to use as vessals of wrath, in order to bring forth blessing upon the instruments of His grace!

Pharoah and Judas BOTH fulfilled this for God, but God did not force either to do it as robots, BOTH did it as per their own will and desires!

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Deal with the scripture, I do not want to read your phiosophy. You respond to a post full of scripture evidence, with a comment that is backed up with not one shred of scripture !

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Commented on your cited verses, as they refer to specific vessals chosen by god, but they still had their own decisions to make, as God used what they naturally intended to do!

Does NOT support that God predestines directly both sinners/saints, as His predestined applies to JUST the sake of His elect!

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Two Manner of People ! cont !

The vessels of wrath and the vessels of mercy are both sinners, but the vessels of mercy, unlike the vessels of wrath, the vessels of mercy are not appointed to wrath 1 Thess 5:9 as the vessels of mercy have been ! Both are born inherently with no difference, both are as what David acknowledges Ps 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Both are what Paul wrote of Eph 2:3

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul was writing this to the vessels of mercy of Romans 9:23.

So it is that both manner of people are born by nature sinners, worthy in and of themselves of wrath, enemies of God, but for different purposes. God's Purpose for the vessels of mercy being made sinners as Per Rom 5:19a

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

It was for something He must do for them to make them fit for Glory as Per Rom 9:23

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Whereas, the purpose God made the vessels of wrath as sinners is in order to fit them and they fit themselves [like Pharaoh did] for destruction ! Rom 9:22

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The word fitted here is the greek word katartizō and means:

to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete

a) to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair

1) to complete

b) to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust

1) to fit or frame for one's self, prepare

c) ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be

And the word is in the passive voice and some will argue the middle voice, but it does not matter because both are True, that is they are being fitted for destruction by the power of God, and so they fit themselves for destruction according to God's purse for them to do !

Thats why God raise up the reprobate and give them being existence, as God saith to Pharaoh Rom 9:17

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

All of Pharaohs actions were controlled by God's Power to lead him to destruction of the red sea ! God had purposed from before the foundation that this song would be song after the destruction of Pharaoh Ex 15:1=6

1Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

2The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

3The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

4Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.

5The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.

6Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

And so it is with all the vessels of God's Wrath, they were born, given being for that Purpose, to suffer destruction everlastingly 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

15. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

According to my readings here some claim that God predestined people to Hell from the beginning. But there's a problem with that idea in that Hell didn't exist until Satan and 1/3 of the angels rebelled. Hmmm... In order to predestine people to that which did not yet exist, God must have known there would be a hell... But then, God knows the outcome of everything. But, if God knows the outcome of everything in the eternal "now", then there's no need to love God or do any of the works he has stored up for us since the beginning, because its set in stone. So where's the fun in that? Just sayin... ARRGGGG!!!!

In other words, to know the mind of God requires that we be as God. We aren't so we don't really know the full scoop. Perhaps one day, He will share it with us.

WM

#55 WestminsterMan, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Ye are of your father the devil !

Just who are the reprobates ? Remember Jesus said to some ethnic jews, though it could and does apply to some of all ethnic groups:

Jn 8:44

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Those who the Saviour calls such names as this along with

Matt 12:34

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matt 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? [No Redemption Possible ]

Or Matt 31:25,26,27,29,30,36,38,40

The Tares Or The children of the wicked

Now were these ever in Adam and in Him Created in the Image and Likeness of God ? Which image is Jesus Christ 2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Now is Christ calling these all those terrible names, and yet they had been created in His Image and Likeness ?

You see Jesus Christ sowed Adam into the world as is stated here Matt 13:24

24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

God said after Creating Man in His Image and Likeness Gen 1:26,31

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So Jesus Christ, sowed the Wheat into the World, That would be Adam and man in Him.

Matt 13:37

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; This confirms it was Jesus Christ the Image of God who made Adam in His Own Image !

But who sowed the Tares ? Matt 13:25,39

But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Now God did not sow the tares into the world and ever pronounced them good. The Enemy sowed them into the world, which was the Devil, and so, they are called the Children of the Devil or of the Wicked one. These are the reprobates, that Jesus said let them grow together until Harvest, which is the End of the World !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Ye are of your father the devil ! cont

Considering this, when Adam was made or created with his wife and seed in him, and as a type and figure of Christ, it was none in him but the Church of Christ, the Sheep, in the commencement of their natural lives, for Paul says to believers only this 1 Cor 15:49

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Therefore none sinned in Adam but the Sheep, the Church, so scripture says Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

This turning here to our own way, this going astray began in the Sin of Adam for the Sheep

And so the rescue is said to be as rescuing the Sheep 1 Pet 2:25

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Now Christ is the Shepherd of the Sheep, not the goats whom He will say to them on His Left side Matt 25:31-33,41

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand[The Goats see vs33], Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Now these, could have never been in the Image and Likeness of God. That would have made the devil victorious over the Image and Likeness of God, which is Blasphemy and something I cannot even begin to conjecture!

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Ye are of your Father the Devil !

The Seed of the Serpent, they were not Created in Adam. When Adam was Created with His Wife and Seed [generation] in him, it was as a Type and Figure of Christ. It was none in Him but the True Church of Christ, the Sheep in their Natural Lives, for Paul said to the Sheep in Corinth 1 Cor 15:49

49And as we[The Church] have borne the image of the earthy[Adam], we[The Church] shall also bear the image of the heavenly[Christ].

Therefore none sinned in Adam but the Church, the Sheep, hence it is written Isa 53:6

All we like sheep have gone astray[In Adam]; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all[The Sheep]. So Christ says Jn 10:15

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Another reason why we believe that none but the Church sinned in Adam is because, those who are going to hell to be eternally damned, could not have been any whom God Created in the His Own Image and Likeness like He did with Adam Gen 1:26-27

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

If one of these Created in the Image and Likeness of God perishes for their sins, the Devil was victorious against God, of which I cannot even begin to Phantom !

The Only Ones going to Hell are those Created in the Image and Likeness of their Father the Devil Jn 8:44. Jesus says to them as the Serpents Seed Gen 3:15 Matt 23:33

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

This one Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

If it was prepared for the Devil then that implicates his seed as well, for they are one in the sight of God, Just as Christ and His Seed are One !

So Yes, the everlasting fire was prepared for seed of the serpent, the reprobates of mankind, they are also called the vessels of wrath Rom 9:22

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The reprobates are those human beings that are called the wicked Prov 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

The Elect, even in their unconverted days are never viewed by God as the wicked, but rather vessels of mercy. Reprobates, are the rejected of the Lord, but the Elect have always been accepted according to His Grace Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

20. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[a] put him to death by nailing him to the cross

who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.

Notice the lack of preparation of Hell for humans

Then the King will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world';. . . [41] Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels'; - Not man.

And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles

For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,