1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's fault?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by seekingthetruth, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife will be there in 2 weeks.... her parents live in Largo. We have had serious talk about moving there...but I have to retire 1st. I would be there tomorrow if I had my way.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Largo is a beautiful area.... filled with retirees. :thumbs:

Talk and wishing is all i am doing about retirement.

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Think that Apostle paul answered this good question in Romans!

Men/Women are condemned due to their sin condition, that causes them to willfully to reject the Saviour!

realise that NONE are lost due to god causing them to reject jesus, as that is what their will and desire themselves cause them to do!

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not believe we are made evil, I believe the scriptures teach we are made upright, but soon after birth go astray and become sinners.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

The word "they" is plural and points directly to the word "man" showing this is speaking of all men and not Adam alone.

Psa 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

This verse says God made us, and we are his people.

Psa 139:13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

David said God possessed him while he was in his mother's womb. He also said he was fearfully and wonderfully made. What would be wonderful about being a totally depraved sinner?

Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

Job said God made all of us. Does God make evil?

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Malachi said we have one father, and one God created us (all men).

1 Cor 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Paul said man is the image and glory of God.

Jam 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

James said we are made after the similitude (likeness) of God.

So, I do not believe we are created evil, we are created upright, but we all soon turn aside, go astray, and become filthy as scripture says.

This question is not an issue for me whatsoever.

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

ALL we know for sure is that ALL of us deserve judgement condemnation hell...

God is the ONE making the choicing here, not us...

Secret things hidden from Man is reserved unto God!

God will do what is best, for both us and for Him to get the glory and praise!

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Now, here's a hearty AMEN to this post!!!!!!!!!! :godisgood::jesus::godisgood::jesus:

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which "goofy" question? The one about trolling?
    If so, it was not ignored, I for one answered it.

HankD