1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Judgment Against the United States

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Look at history with a wider telescope. At the time of Christ northern Africa was a beacon of light for Christianity. Alexandria had one of the largest known Christian libraries. It was a center for learning and for sending out missionaries. Most of northern Africa was evangelical during at least the first three centuries or longer.
    After that they turned away from God and worshiped the creature more than the Creator and God gave them up.
    By the time Mohmmed came on the scene the primary religion was animism. They were ripe for the pickin's. The entire northern part of Africa (and now much more) are now Islamic states. That is God's judgment. Islam is Satan's masterpiece. The people don't prosper. Today there is a movement by an extremist Islamic sect to kill off 300 Christians just in the month of June in Nigeria. Ultimately they want to kill off all the Christians in Nigeria. It is a religion of the sword and not of peace.

Nations that turn away from God come under the judgment of God, and northern Africa is one very good example. Evil begets evil.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all depends upon the propaganda you read.

Mein Kampf was published in 1925-6.

I read the English translation for a history course (Later and unbeknowns to me at the time my wife found it and threw it out).

Hitler recommended "annihilation" as the ultimate solution for the "jewish problem" in his infamous book.

Eternity will reveal the truth...

Luke 12
    2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
    3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.​

HankD ​

#42 HankD, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, now we are getting somewhere. This is a thought provoking example.

You say that under Islam the people don't prosper. While this is certainly true in Africa I would ask why Saudi Arabia and the other Islamic oil states are prospering (economically)?

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I try to be objective and not influenced by propaganda, which exists in all directions.

One of the main things to consider is the fear of the threat of BOLSHEVISM that was prevalent not only in Germany at that time, but throughout Europe. Nazism was extreme right, Bolshevism extreme left. Germany was struggling through very difficult times and had several 'communist' uprisings prior to and during the rise of Hitler and WW2.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It's only temporary. The U.S. has started to try to obtain its oil from sources that are non-Arab. Saudi Arabia is very anti-Christian and its prosperity (IMO) will not last. The Arab nations as a whole are coming together as one to mount up against Israel, following Iran. Things look pretty bleak on both the economic and political fronts for all the Muslim nations. One by one they seem to be toppling.

It is interesting to note that before the rise of this murderous extremist sect in northern Nigeria there was a revival where many Muslims had turned to Christ. This is not unlike the Book of Acts where many had turned to the Lord, then in Acts 8 were scattered abroad preaching the Word, because of intense persecution.

I don't want to make too much speculation. I think it is unwise. But it is an interesting and exciting age we live in.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are many passages that establish this truth.While it is true we do not have direct prophetic revelation today, we do have a wealth of information available in scriptures...like this;

Here God speaks directly through Amos and says he has caused famine, drought and economic hardships because the nation was transgressing the covenant.

This verse in prov14....applies to all nations

Here is the best sermon series I have ever heard on this topic.If anyone takes the time to listen to this series it will change your worldview or improve what you have already:thumbs: the messages build upon each other, listen in order.
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=62803143756
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=62803175244
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=6290383510
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=63003183934

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    InTheLight.

Also, God sent the apostles out to preach the gospel in all the world. God redeems people from "every tribe and tongue, and nation, and people." [Rev. 5:9.] Furthermore, all believers have direct access to God now, via Christ, the Mediator.

All of these things listed are changes from the Old Testament. God's approach to the world, nations and their people is different now than it was back then. It's an individual approach rather than a national approach. [/I]

Go ahead and rebut my reasoning. Go ahead and name nations that have been judged by God.[/QUOTE]

ITL,

I skipped over it because I did not want you to think I was on the attack as I get accused of that:laugh:
    I will respond now...scripturally as you have requested.:thumbs:

Over all this is a correct statement. God had already elected and saved individuals...but then we have salvation being focused in the realm of national Israel;
    Salvation was now to be found in this elect nation, yet not everyone in the nation was elect...vs10:thumbs:

God has expanded the realm of salvation[the kingdom] not in Israel only, but worldwide. The scope is now worldwide, but as in deut 7....not everyone in the world is going to be saved. Salvation is worldwide in scope..yes

However God is very willing that those who remain in Adam die....they perish in second death. At the White throne judgement they will be cast away.
    Mis-using 2pet3:9 does not change that...as the context explains;
    God is still the judge of all the nations as the Nt speaks of in many places;

Even if this was fulfilled in 70 ad it is still a Nt text teaching worldwide judgement.

lawful human government is meant to be God's minister

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iconoclast, thanks for your post. Food for thought, indeed.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I don't think "objective" is an option anymore kyredneck, I'm wondering if there is anyone left on earth who speaks the truth.

I'm wondering if the end is "at the doors" in a near future venue and not preterism.

Yes, I think its all leading up to the final satanic/demonic revolt against God.

I think satan hates mankind as much (if not more, if that's possible) as he does God because we are in His image and likeness and he (devil) is not, we have redemption and he does not, we have regeneration and he does not. Among other things.

How much worse can it be with legalized murder of the helpless?
    The unborn and the elderly.

Godless communism fits right in with satan's plan.

It empties the throne of God in people's eyes and thinking so that he (devil) can supposedly sit in it in God's place and receive worship.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.​

Communism is a means to an end:

That end is worship.

There is only one false god and he is behind the mask of every false god and his antichrists.

Revelation 13
    4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?​

No human being except Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 26
    20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
    21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
    27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.​

HankD​

#49 HankD, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012