1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Will and the American Voter

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mont974x4, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I fully rest in the knowledge that God is all sovereign. He is not only unsurprised when things happen, His hand is in it all.

I also fully rest in the knowledge and wisdom of Romans 8:28-30 which tells me all these things are for my ultimate good (that being more and more conformed to the image of Christ) and for His ultimate glory.

I also fully rest in the knowledge that God, being sovereign, places ALL people in authority. In the US He works through the voters. LadyEagle has pointed out, in more than one post, that America got what it wanted. The list includes unrighteous things like abortion, gay marriage, and reliance on the government.

So, knowing God is all sovereign and the people voted Obama in do you think God moved the hearts of the voters? I believe He did. I base that on what I read about God working in the hearts of people. A prime example is pharaoh.

Exo 4:21 The LORD said to Moses, "When you go back to Egypt see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders which I have put in your power; but I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go. (NASB, emphasis mine)

On the positive side He does change hearts so that people fear and obey Him.

Eze 36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
    Eze 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. (NASB, emphasis mine)

Therefore, pray. Pray for your pastors and your churches. Pray for the Church. Pray for this nation. Pray for Obama and our other leaders. For perhaps God will have mercy for His namesake and change the hearts of the people. Even if He doesn't we must serve the Lord.