1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gods Word: Sharper Than A Two-Edged Sword:

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frances, Sep 6, 2005.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of grace, none of me. Those who have truly received the gift of grace will never forsake Him. Those who think they can, have never experienced the true gift of grace. If they had they would have known how utterly unthinkable forsaking Him would be.

2. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I am a KJV only as well. Why? Because I once attended a church which used the NIV and everytime I tried to read that Bible, I felt a strong conviction. It just didn't carry the same "sense" of godliness to me that the KJV did. That was years before I learned anything about the translations - the Textus Receptus, etc. My husband knows all about that type of thing much better than I do. For myself, I can only say God showed me what He wished me to read long before I knew there was an issue with any of the newer versions.

I am saying this as to how I personally feel on the subject, not to be attacked on the subject. This is MY personal conviction. When I pick up the KJV and I start reading, I sense the Lord speaking to me. When I pick up other versions, I do not get that sense. So I read and trust ONLY the KJV.

And as to the losing salvation issue. Once upon a time I belonged to that group. I was "saved" several times and each time I backslid. But 4 years ago I was "truly saved". There was a difference. Each time I was "saved" it was mostly an emotional event and as such it was something that did not last. But 4 years ago I reached the end of myself, I truly acknowledged my failure to God, my overwhelming sin and I turned my life over to Him. THAT was when I was truly saved. This was a "commitment salvation", not an emotional salvation. Before, I just couldn't seem to remember to read my Bible, to pray, or anything I knew I should do. Now, when I don't read my Bible as I should, or I don't pray as I should, I sense something inside - the Holy Spirit - convicting me of it. That is the difference from when I was "saved" before. The Holy Spirit NOW lives in me, when before He did not. Forgive me if I'm not explaining it very well. Sometimes I am more articulate than others and right now I'm still in the middle of my first cup of coffee recovering from a migraine... So, now, I believe you can't lose TRUE salvation. But you can lose professed salvation if it's not real. Does this make any sense to anyone what I'm trying to say?

NomadsWife

3. Well my experence was just the opposite. When I was saved I was given an NIV and our Godly Pastor who rightly divided the word used the NIV and that is what was in the pews. I personally prefer the NAS, and use the KJ for backing up my studies. But I had never heard the arguments on different translations till 14 years later.

Anyway all you see me posting on here, is from what I have learned during the years while using a NIV and being taught out of the NIV. God will use any Bible he wants to, to get his truths across. As long and its truths are not twisted like " THE NEW WORLD TRANSLATING ) the Jehovahs use.

I like what you said about being TRULY saved 4 years ago " COMMITMENT SALVATION " Like I said before there are alot of unsaved people in churches who THINK they are saved and they are not. Then they wonder why they never " Feel Secure " in Christ. On that day many will say LORD LORD didn't we do this and that and Jesus will say depart from me I NEVER KNEW you !

I am glad to hear you finally got saved AMEN

4. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

ME TOO RIGHT... ME TOO!