1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's Word to the Calvinist

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, Sep 7, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you, then, disagreeing with John MacArthur?

"These letters, as you know, are directed at seven churches, actual churches, historical churches in actual cities in Asia Minor. But they transcend their time and space and they become model letters to various kinds of churches that exist in all eras of church history." - John MacArthur Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church, Part 1

2. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you quoted there, no, I do not disagree with it, that's why I boldened the word "primarily". The main doctrinal application is to 7 tribulation churches, a time when, unlike in the church age, loss of salvation is a possibility and a time when one must endure unto the end (of the 7 years). But that doesn't exclude spiritual applications to us since the word of God is a twoedged sword (Heb.4:12): two applications to every verse, usually a doctrinal but also a spiritual one - but those two different applications are often confounded as being one and the same.

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am hopefully not presenting my view as rigid. The Seven Churches are written that one can read into and find things not discovered by others... Things in time, space, and geography...

"These letters, as you know, are directed at seven churches, actual churches, historical churches in actual cities in Asia Minor. But they transcend their time and space and they become model letters to various kinds of churches that exist in all eras of church history." - John MacArthur Laodicea: The Lukewarm Church, Part 1

4. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. And I'm even agreeing with you that the doctrine of the 7 churches points to loss of salvation rather than eternal security. My point however is that we can't take that and apply it to church age Christians since the 7 churches are doctrinally tribulation churches, not church age churches.

5. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe that the seven candlesticks, stars, and seals came about pre-trib. The removing of the seals from the Lambs Book of Life will be a post-trib event. I believe a rapture will happen after the last soul is sealed within the Lambs Book of Life.

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
    Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
    Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

[​IMG]