1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Going to Israel for the first time

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pastor_Bob, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am going to Israel with "Back to Calvary Holy Land Tours" this March. This will be my first trip to the Holy Land. The itinerary looks very exciting. I am curious who else has been to Israel and if there are any "don't miss" sites that you would recommend.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't been there in a long time but I loved the area around the Sea of Galilee because at that time it was not as touristy as the other areas commemorating the life of Christ (not sure of that now).

I loved having the Lord's Supper at the garden tomb. I didn't get much of a feeling about Jesus death and resurrection from the Catholic/Orthodox sites. But I did get that kind of "holy hush" from Gordon's Cavalry and the garden tomb.

I loved visiting Masada too.

I am jealous of you!!!

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the one place I would like to visit before going home! No other travels appeal to me but this one!!

You'll pardon me if I play chameleon and turn a little green, won't you??:smilewinkgrin:

4. Hislchild

Hislchild New Member

The Holy Land is the special and precious place for me. God chose it to save the world. :godisgood:
    I was so exciting to feel that my Lord Jesus was walking there. I enjoyed visiting, Bethlehem, Capernaum, the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem, the Garden of Gethsemane, the Western Wall and etc.
    I see the most important is preparing our hearts for wonderful journey to the Holy Land. :saint:
    My blessings in Christ.