1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Golden Sword Prophecy

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ben W, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is this occuring in churches that you know of?

- The Golden Sword Prophecy was made at the Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship 3rd Anniversary Meeting, January 20, 1997 by Carol Arnott.

During a sermon entitled The Making of a Warrior, Arnott lay on the floor for about 20 minutes slashing violently as if she had a two-handed sword in her hand. After the sermon she delivered her prophecy, which includes the line: "This is My sword, this is not man's sword, this is My golden sword." Behaviour of this kind is common among some churches in the Charismatic branch of Christianity.

Arnott and her husband claim that the Golden Sword is a new so-called anointing called The Sword of the Lord or the Warrior Anointing. The 'anointing' is accompanied by clasping the hands above the head and swinging an imaginary sword back and forth and around, often roaring and making war cries.

This practice has been taken up by some Charismatic churches, with pastors and church leaders incorporating the same bodily movements during worship services in the beliefe that it will 'impart' this 'anointing' on church members.

http://snipurl.com/pes8

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

The link doesn't give many details as to how the 'doctrine' is being implemented...

But, IMHO, this is just marketting...

There is no *new* Warrior Anoiting as we have always been called and anointed to Spiritual Warfare...

Psa 144:1 Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
    Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    Eph 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
    Eph 6:14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
    Eph 6:15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
    Eph 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Eph 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Eph 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

We are told what the Sword is in verse 17...

Then we are told how to wield it in verse 18...

Insecure people always have to find some "New" thing to keep people interested in their ministries, not relying on God to keep them afloat...

As a Pentecostal I remain frustrated with the tendency for 'my' peers to use slash and burn tactics instead of "Walking in The Spirit"...

I am concerned that this 'doctrine' will be used improperly, encouraging believers to slash and burn in the Natural Realm instead of in The Spiritual realm in Prayer...

Mike Sr.

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Is this occuring in churches that you know of?

I probley need to hear all of her prophecy to really try to understand what she is saying.
    So far I haven't seen it in my Spirit Filled church either. I do believe in prophecy, but in this case I have to agree with Mike's opinion as to what I have read in your post Ben.

But, IMHO, this is just marketting...

There is no *new* Warrior Anoiting as we have always been called and anointed to Spiritual Warfare...

The sword I carry is the Word of God. You got to know how to weild it and you got to read and follow the instructions on the inside! :D
    I don't need to pretend to weild an invisible sword around my head when God's word will cut deeper!

Also one thing that makes me wonder about this is...
    She said, "this is My golden sword".
    Q: Are there any blacksmiths in here?
    Q:Would gold be a good choice of metal for a sword?

4. SpiritualMadMan

Not happening in any churches that *I* attend...

It *could* be happening in a few I do _not_ consider possible church homes... [​IMG]

Gold would _not_ be a good choice for a sword as it is far too malleable...

I believe that pure Gold would bend too easily and would not hold an edge...

But, remember the Ark was overlaid in beaten gold...

Gold could also be descriptive of value not metal or color...

And, the Golden Word of God *is* a Great Two Edged Sword!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It just don't sound quite right to me...

Mike Sr.

5. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Good high quality steel, Gold is soft and quite useless as a weapon. Maybe the Holy Spirit is informing the "Spirit filled" groups of His opinion of them.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

My spiritual gift of sarcasm would have barged into this church setting...

(imagine slashing sounds of "warrior" on stage)

Me: is that your sword?
    Her: yes.
    Me: is it sharp?
    Her: very.
    Me: Well, cut it out, then.

(end of conversation..."warrior" sounds gradually fade)

But, OTOH...don't say anything "too" funny in one of these churches...you might start a fit of holy laughter.

7. SpiritualMadMan

rbell,

No, that wouldn't induce Holy Laughter...

Probably (unfortunately) more likely unholy rage at the 'heretic' saying such challenging things...

Very few swordsmen can land a killing blow using a slashing method...

At least not against as wily an enemy as ours...

I mean the devil has been using the Sword in a twisted manner for some time... [​IMG]

IMHO...
    I do not believe God would give us weapons for war without a proper training regimen.

Further, even with Spiritually Imparted Knowledge physical practice is required to properly use a sword...

I do not believe most of my Pentecostal Peers have the patience to accept any such training...

After all why take the time to train when you can "Name-It_And_Claim_it"?

Mike Sr.

8. Pete

Pete New Member

Maybe with everyone swinging their gold swords at once a few swords hit and chunks flew off causing the gold teeth claims of a few years ago... :rolleyes: Just more of the same garbage from the people that brought you slain, laughing, roaring, running, drunk, birthing, and almost anything else you can think of "in the spirit".

"As long as something is happening it really does not matter if it is of God, of man or of the devil." Rodney Howard-Browne

Interesting you used the word "train" once and "training" twice there SMM, because that is the new manifestation I came up with a few years ago that will solve all of those problems once it is acknowledged. Basically when the power hits you run around the room saying "chugga-chugga chugga-chugga WOO WOO!", point your arms forward palms facing in and move in circular motion...I call this anointing "Train In The Spirit" :rolleyes: :D

But hey, I do have Biblical backing for this:

Psa 68:18 When you ascended on high, you led captives in your train.... SEE! SEE! Everyone is captive but this new anointing will set them free!

Isa 6:1 ...I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. When the Lord shows up at Church it's the train of His robe filling the place, so to keep in step with the Spirit (Gal 6:25) the congregation should be all be "Train In The Spirit"

1 Ti 4:7 ...train yourself to be godly. Now what more proof is needed than that? They can laugh or birth or roar or whatever and all they'll get is the exercise, the Bible clearly states that the train anointing is the right one! All together now: "chugga-chugga chugga-chugga WOO WOO!"

( [​IMG] all, once a year or two this comes to mind again and I have to post it :rolleyes: :D

I'll [​IMG] now [​IMG]

9. SpiritualMadMan

Sweet Pete... really sweet! :D

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wacko central if you ask me

11. SpiritualMadMan

I wish I could knowingly say,

"But, they're ~~so~~ sincere..." [​IMG]

12. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

If I visited a church and saw someone slashing an imaginary sword around for about 20 minutes and yelling about "my golden sword," I'd probably turn around and run away as fast as I can go! :eek: