1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good (albeit random) Advice.....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Jan 30, 2010.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that everyone on the BB has got some really good advice on various and assundry topics. There are some smart people here ....... so, let's hear it!

What's the best advice you've got? Is based on personal experience? Did you learn this lesson the hard way?

Here's mine for the day.....and yes, it IS based recent personal experience (and it was painful for quite a few weeks!)

Don't cut your own bangs!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ummm - for me one somewhat recently is:

Ovens make things hot.

You think I know that already right? But our oven isn't working well so I must have forgotten. LOL

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best advice I ever received was to be prepared for the unexpected. This included keeping up with housework, having a little extra food and medical supplies on hand and generally planning ahead with meals, schedules, etc.

Here's what happened as a result:

One day out of the blue I got a phone call saying some relatives of mine had been hit by lightening while traveling in another state by motorcycle. Their kids had dropped everything to come get/help them, but they immediately needed some care and a place to spend the night on the way back.

In about two hours, I had 5 extra unplanned visitors, but because I was already prepared, I had a meal ready, beds, extra blankets and pillows, clean towels, and even some supplies to aid in the trip home. Because I was prepared, God was able to use me to be a blessing to others in a desperate situation.