1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Books For My Nook?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Pook, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Pook

Pook New Member

Hi and God bless you all, my new friends!

I was wondering if any of you could recommend some good books for my Nook. Today I had to wait almost two hours between flights and I like to read while waiting. Problem is, it was a regular paperback book.

I already have to drag around my pilot case and overnight bag, so I was hoping to load up the Nook with inspirational stuff to lighten the load. My neighbor will show me how to get the things on there; she did it for me before.

Any ideas would be so graciously and kindly welcomed, and I thank you all so much for listening. God bless you!

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Counterfeit God's by Tim Keller

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pook

Pook New Member

Thank you so much! I'll go look for it!

4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Hey Pook, welcome to BB!

If you've not read 'Knowing God' by J. I. Packer, I highly recommend it. It is a book you will most likely want to read more than once.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That reminds me...."Desiring God" by John Piper is another that I'd recommend and that you'd probably want to read more than once. I'm not sure if the format is what you are looking for, but much of Piper's works are available via download on his site at no cost:

http://www.desiringgod.org/books/all

• Like Like x 1