1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good for a man not to touch a woman...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jeep Dragon, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, I know he's joking.....and he know that I'm just joking when I say that he'd better duck his head, because the frying pan is whistling through the air!!!:laugh:

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bingo, that's how I got my name. Most preachers drive caddy's so I known as the one with, "the buick". :wavey: :laugh:

Maybe the Lord will promote me some day.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I see, so I need to work on my "levity"! :laugh: :laugh:

Never been accused of being too serious before...

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I had to read this several times before I could see what he was doing wrong. Then I noticed, he doesn't let you take out the trash. You shouldn't loose respect because the guy tries to help a little??? Just can't please some people? (I would have put my smiley here but I'm learning levity).

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

A flying, frying, musical pan - does it wash dishes and come with a money back guarantee?

Wait if you order one now, you will also get . . .

;)

#65 El_Guero, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2006
  6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

get...a woman?

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

"get a woman" for what? Washing dishes?

Does God still make that model?

;)

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

hahahaha

I am slow - got it . . . is she from Russia? Or do they still make them that way in the ol' USA?

;)

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

You have to get them from Russia, if you want them to come with love. :tongue3:

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Don't bother, first time she leaves the house she'll come back a liberated, americanized woman complete with membership card and burnt brassiere.

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll make sure that she knows where my chapter has our monthly meetings! :laugh: :laugh:

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Scarlett, you're gonna fall in love with THE most special guy ever and you're gonna be all barefoot and bakin' him cookies and coming on here giving out perfectly adorable crockpot recipes and cleaning tips and asking just HOW to get that perfect crease ironed into your DH's favorite pants and joking about how it's just SO cute when he watches sports while you shine his shoes while you wear a pink t-shirt that says "Titus 2 Woman", although it will be hard to read with that blue jean jumper over it.

And you'll love doing it because you love him.

And I'll be right here. With this thread saved. And I'll copy and paste it to you.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

----------------------

#73 Magnetic Poles, Aug 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2006
  14. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The evening went fantastic last night.

When my wife got home, I had the meal ready, candles lit, the roses on the table, and soft spanish guitars playing thru the CD system.

She had no idea what we were celebrating. When I told her what happened 20 yrs ago yesterday her sheepish reply was "it was?" I always thought the Wife was the one who remembered anniversarys, etc.

After dinner, I gave her my gift. A diamond and peridot(her birthstone) cross pendant.

I have to admit though I did touch her once or twice. It's okay I have a license to do so.

Scarlett, I agree with Gina. When you meet that special guy you'll understand what I'm talking about. He'll be the luckiest guy in the world, and the happiest too. You'll be so in love nothing else will matter, you'll bump into things because you have stars in your eyes. When that happens, my dear friend, no one will be happier for you then me.

I was 34 when we got married. I'm so glad I waited for the woman that God had chosen for me.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

When did you realize that that was a dream????:laugh: :laugh:

16. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The day we got married. Best dream I ever had. Haven't woke up yet either.:thumbs:

17. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: :laugh:

I'll confess something to you Gina, but you have to absolute PINKY swear that you won't tell anybody.....especially these guys around here.

I'm a whole lot more bark than I am bite!

And by the way....you never post anything that I don't absolutely crack up over.....the post about your school shopping trip was funny enough, but to end with the comment about your knee caps just about made me fall out of my computer chair!!!

You go, girl! :thumbsup:

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Well ...

If there is hope for Scarlett becoming her true self and Titus 2 woman - then I know there is hope for me!

;)

Whew! I just hope and pray that she speaks english . . .

:thumbs:

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I hate to be the one to tell ya Scarlett but I drew the short straw, you only confessed to what the rest of us already knew. Why do you think we josh you so???

20. Christian

Christian New Member

"not to touch a woman" (that is in marriage) That is the context. It is good for a man not to marry, not because Paul is forbidding marriage, because he clearly isn't, but because of the present distress (see vs 26). The Lords church was being persecuted and as the time grew nearer to AD70 it would be persecuted even more. The Apostles knew this, Jesus told them.

Sorry to change the subject. :smilewinkgrin: