1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good news from the FCC

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jailminister, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

You Made a Difference! FCC Chairman Changes Mind on "F" Word!
    Dear David,

Because of your efforts, FCC Chairman Michael Powell has changed his mind about the use of the “f” word on radio and TV. He now wants to prohibit the use of the word and tremendously increase fines for stations that violate the indecency law!

Send a “Thank You” email to Chairman Powell and the other four FCC commissioners.

Powell’s 180-degree about face came one day after AFA’s corporate attorney for FCC matters met with FCC Commissioner Michael Copps. And it came after the FCC received more than 1.5 million emails from AFA Online supporters like you!

More good news! Because of your emails to your Representative and Senators, a move is under way in Congress to get the FCC to strictly enforce the law regarding obscenity and indecency on radio and TV. Hearings concerning this matter will be held within a couple of weeks.

None of this would have happened without the actions of individuals like you! Thanks for caring enough to get involved.

Please send a “Thank You” to Chairman Powell and the other four FCC commissioners. Encourage them to work with members in Congress to address this problem.

Send your “Thank You” today.
    Sincerely,

Don

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
    American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

www.afa.net
    © Copyright 2002-2003
    American Family Association
    P. O. Drawer 2440
    Tupelo, MS 38801
    1-662-844-5036
    All Rights Reserved

2. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's good news... praise the Lord!!!

dp

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How come hearing the "f" word DOESN'T surprise me, but seeing the FCC deal with it properly DOES?

Praise the Lord for a welcome surprise.

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

How can a swear word be a swear word unless its forbidden?

Just think about all the rebels who can rebel safely by uttering the f word and don't have to do any real damage.

Having swear words that are forbidden is therefore an important safety precaution.

No, really, its true!

5. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Someone please help me. I am confused.

The original letter from "Donald E. Wildmon, American Family Association" is listed on any number of internet HOAX AND URBAN LEGEND SITES. That means that any response to that letter must also be a HOAX, IMO.

So is this really an issue or not AND if it wasn't an issue then what about this latest letter saying that the FCC has now ruled the other way???

Here is but one of 10 hits that google brought up for me when I entered the following:

"FCC f word radio tv".

one of ten google results

An excerpt from this website follows:
    A secondary question is:

Should we be leery of the American Family Association???

6. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

I would be leery of Yahoo. The AFA is a decesnt honest group. But the mainstream media does not want you to know the truth.

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. The fact that these worldly groups says it is a hoax, is enough to convince anyone that it is not.