1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good programs and programmers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jun 24, 2008.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those programmers at google are good, man.
    I was at the "Biblical Doctrine of Divorce" thread, DHK closed it, and guess what the advertising is on the top ?

One said "How to Survive Adultery", and the other "Divorce and Adultery".

Kewl.

We get a pretty good idea where other surfers in our machines go.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm so thankful for my ad block - I never see this junk!

3. nunatak

nunatak New Member

umm, would you mind sharing?

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use firefox. One of the add on's is called ad block. After fiddling with the settings, I almost never see any ads anymore. You can get firefox at this link: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Once installed, find the ad on's, and get adblock plus. Then follow the set up stuff. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

5. nunatak

nunatak New Member

sweettttt!

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's all in the algorithms...

Google has been making moves to create and refine the search algorithm so that you get completely contextualized news, ads, and other media content that is streamed specifically for you. Where they are headed is both pretty cool and pretty scary. The scary part is that they are actively (and unabashedly) reading your cookies all the time now and collecting info on you based on your viewing preferences.

Get ready for some pretty amazing things in the next three to five years from google. The Andriod is gonna blow the iPhone to pieces imho :)

7. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

The great thing about Google, is that after a while of searching with them, they know what kind of a person you are, and you don’t have to be concerned with them mis-understanding, any of your searches, and sending you someplace, you don’t want to go.

Elvis Presley, made a move back in the sixties, called “Girls, Girls, Girls”, and I wanted to get some information about it’s production and cast, so I Googled, “Girls, Girls, Girls”, and it took me right to, a site, about Elvis movies.

No way, would I make this same search, with any other search engine!