1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good riddance...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Mexdeaf, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess he's going to have a hard time just living in the US since even the President still has "Christian" things that he does including having a prayer breakfast, calls on God during hard times and stuff like that. It's part of our culture.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I read the article earlier before coming to BB and he has been diagnosed with depression. He admits that it played a part in his decision. It is good he made this decision now and not later.

That said, since West Point just had their first gay marriage I find his argument ironic, if not absurd. The military goes to great lengths to meet the spiritual needs of all troops. There is nothing religious about asking people to be quiet and respectful while others pray. Also, chaplains have been told to not pray according to their personal faiths but told to take a more universal pantheistic bent.

Religion in the military has really become a tradition issue, not a real faith issue, as far as policy is concerned.