1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goodbye Dollar...We hardly knew you

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Rufus_1611, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Financial Trader lets the cat out of the bag:
    New North American Union currency announced!

In an interview with CNBC, a vice president for a prominent London investment firm yesterday urged a move away from the dollar to the "amero," a coming North American currency, he said, that "will have a big impact on everybody's life, in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico."
    Steve Previs, a vice president at Jefferies International Ltd., explained the Amero "is the proposed new currency for the North American Community which is being developed right now between Canada, the U.S. and Mexico."
    The aim, he said, according to a transcript provided by CNBC to WND, is to make a "borderless community, much like the European Union, with the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar and the Mexican peso being replaced by the amero."
    Now the standard in this system is the dollar, and, if you know nothing else about the monetary system of the United States constitutionally, learn what a dollar is.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

This might be true, I don't know. I do know that an evangelist who preached in my home church in 1969 told us that we were going to have a "world wide" currency in just a short time. He said he had actually seen some of this money. Well, he is long since dead, and his "short time" has turned into 37+ years.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, and the money will be delievered to your local bank by black helocoptors.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

As long as their tail numbers don't include 666, I will sleep easier.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Quick! Quick!!! Everybody put on your tinfoil hats!!!

[​IMG]

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Most people won't care what is in their wallet as long as Wal*Mart still takes them.

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Woooah...even this ya'll consider a conspiracy theory? That is one big heavy rock.

8. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Getting my dollars out and buying my tinfoil now!!! :laugh:

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh, no !! What'll I tell the folks back home that I send US dollars to ?

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any American leader who supports the " Amero" should be impeached. They are guilty of treason against the United States.

Next...

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Who cares about walmart -- I just want my HMO to take them!

12. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

We have had a world wide currency for many years now. And I bet almost all of you already use it daily.

It goes by the name of Visa or Master Card. Debit card purchases far out number cash and check purchases for several years. I use green cash money very rarely and have not written a check in years.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Whats in your wallet.

14. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

If you need to get rid of your dollars before they're worthless, send them to me.

15. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Shouldn't this thread be in the humour section?

I thought this was from The Onion when I read the OP.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I preached a twist of this years ago also with the exception that I don't believe or teach a single currency. Love of money is the root of evil and presently money has more power than anything else on this earth (excluding the divine). Evil is out of control. All of it impacts our lives. The dracma, Yin, Euro, you name it and the love for it impacts us daily. There are some who profit from just converting money back and forth.

Sorry, this is a sore subject with me but I believe evil will continue to grow until man's heart learns to use money and power for the common good and not an selfish gain.

@Magnetic Poles = You kill me man. That is the funniest picture i've seen in a while.

@Pipedude = I was sending you a check with all my dollars but the mail lady dropped it and it hasn't come down yet. When it does we'll slap another stamp on her and send it your way...

17. mnw

mnw New Member

I believe there will be a one world currency one day, perhaps soon or perhaps not.

What I would like to ask though is this, is there anything inherently wrong with a single world wide currency?

Why would it be treason to stram line financial institutions by doing away with exchange rates and everything?

18. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

I refer to such a public servant as "the mail female."

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My theory is it will loose its "power". How can a dollar be worth a dollar everywhere including a 3rd world impovershed country? How do we back this currency? how do we value it? Who prints it and control's it's cirrculation?

:laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.