1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOP bill offers solution to food stamp & EBT fraud

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Feb 8, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

The Democrats are put in a very awkward position with this bill. They have to do something to reduce food stamp/EBT fraud, but if they go along with this idea, they are forced to back off their argument against photo IDs for voters. Why? Because the crowd that uses EBT cards is the same crowd the liberals claim can't afford to acquire photo IDs, and it presents a "hardship" on them to require an ID at the voting booth.

Great strategy by the GOP, or just a blundering coincidence?

2. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, they will give the taxpayers the bill for the now required I.D., and waste more money.
    Then someone will realize that certain phobias wont allow for some to be photographed, so they will get to sue or a new disability will be logged.

Then there is the farm bill...

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont have a problem with a free ID - but if they loose it, they pay for the next one.

As far as not being photographed - there are some Muslims women ....

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The gov. gave out credit cards instead of stamps. I suppose one reason was to hide the fact that people were using food stamps. I can recall walking thru checkout with hamburger meat when food stamps bought steak!