1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOP Calls for Ethics Probe of Baucus for Nominating Girlfriend for U.S. Attorney

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans on Saturday called on the Senate Ethics Committee to investigate the disclosure by a senior Democrat that he had recommended his girlfriend to be U.S. attorney.

Sen. Max Baucus of Montana, the Senate Finance Committee chairman, defended recommending his girlfriend for appointment as Montana's U.S. attorney, saying Saturday his one-time staff member and former state prosecutor is "highly qualified" but eventually withdrew her nomination.

But the Republican National Committee said the revelation "demands the attention of the Senate Ethics Committee."

More Here

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I agree with the RNC here. Appointing your girlfriend to a government job is not acceptable, even if she is qualified.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

To be safe, one should nominate qualified people doesn't like?

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I wonder why it's OK for a pastor's wife to get the secretary job, regardless of qualifications?

5. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would agree if he was doing the appointing. I think it is fuzzier if he is making a recommendation and has no influence over the final decision of the appointment. My guess is that he had some influence with the decision makers, prompting this investigation.