1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GOP Lawmakers unable to hold townhall meeting due to threats

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas, has become so concerned about threats that she is no longer willing to hold any town halls this summer.

In an interview with WFAA, Granger said the number of threats lawmakers have been receiving lately is making her rethink how she will be communicating with constituents. Town hall meetings are no longer the best option, she said.

“I wish we could have a town hall meeting and engage with others,” Granger said. “There are so many threats going on.”

Granger is not alone. House Speaker Paul Ryan has stopped holding town hall meetings recently because of safety concerns.

“Aside from the obvious security concerns, what we have found is there are people who are trying to come in from out of the district to disrupt town hall meetings and not have a civil discussion, so what I have been doing is looking for new and creative ways to interact with my constituents in a civil way,” Ryan said earlier this month.

THIS GOP Lawmaker Won't Hold Town Halls This Summer Over Safety Concerns

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing for sure the far left extremists has gotten violent. I think it can be reasonably said that many of these groups like BLM, antifa etc are full blown hate groups and very violent. The left buses people in from other areas and pays protesters. Now they are busing them in to townhall meetings to disrupt them as well as conservative speakers at colleges.

Bottom line: Progressivism has gotten violent.