1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gospel tract distribution

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Ingo Breuer, May 12, 2003.

1. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

I do believe that God wants me to "preach" the Gospel by giving out Gospel tracts. Until now I have hardly ever given away Gospel tracts personally. I have always distributed anonumously. Left Gospel tracts on literature stands, with tip in restaurant, in Catholic chapels, in trains, in airplane seats (where your safety instructions are), etc.
    I have hardly ever passed out Gospel tracts personally because of the way people react. People are violent and foul-mouthed today, so when you say something to them and hand them a Gospel tract, then they might beat you up, shout at you, call the police or shoot you. Wherever people gather that you could give Gospel tracts to, it says "no loitering, no littering, no soliciting, no trespassing, no nothing".
    Have you dealt with any of these problems? What do you say to people that you give Gospel tracts to? I saw one member of an independent Baptist church walk the streets of our town and giving out tracts door-to-door. That's courageous. So many people here who do drugs, who might point a gun at you (yep, drug crimes and homicides are on a sharp rise here in this part of Tennessee), or throw a beer bottle at you.
    Has anyone dealt with any of that before?

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sometimes the church I was involved with used to take a stall at a local market and give away tracts and free Bibles. It was an excellent way to witness and I knew of three people that came into the church through it.