1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

government employees not overpaid

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Dec 6, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

The only sentence that addresses whether Federal employees are over paid is...

"...the average private-sector salary in 2010 for a recent college graduate was $48,661. Entry-level federal workers start at $34,075, or $42,209 for candidates with superior academic achievement.."

No analysis is made of benefits which would greatly change the comparison.

Come back when you actually have something to support your topic - because your article aint it.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is a long standing debate where neither side seems to want to be totally honest in their reports. None the less without cuts in payroll, caps on spending and an increase in taxes the debt will not go away and we will default and become worse off then Mexico. Most people just do not comprehend how much we are in debt and how serious things are.

The president wants to freeze government pay raises for two years. That is fine, but he needs to understand that he is a government employee as well as all the rest of the people in the White House and congress. They need to go a step further.
    Since it is the politicians who got us into this, Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court all take a 25% pay cut. Their health insurance changed to a 80/20 and they pay 50% of the premiums. They do away with their retirement and switch to Social Security with the same benefits and coverage's along with Medicare with the same rules as us all. This should not be a two year limit, but it should be for 20 years or until there is no debt if it takes longer then 20 years. This is but a beginning.

#3 freeatlast, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I do Software Engineering.

Just this morning I saw a blurb about the various Median Pay rates for the Private Sector for what I do...

I am earning 1.5 to 3 times LESS depending upon the title given.

Not only that the Test Languages I work with are a very rarified and niche market.

Now, that this thread has popped up I am sorry I deleted the link!

As for cutting payroll.

I agree!

But, start with all the Czars and their continually balloning balywicks. Especially Nepolitano, HSA and the TSA!