1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Governor Palin Supports Aerial Hunting of Wolves

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We faced an approximately $750,000 campaign from our opponents -- including Safari Club International and a $400,000 state-funded campaign approved by Governor Sarah Palin and the Alaska legislature. They used deceptive propaganda and the authority of the Alaska government to defeat the ballot initiative.
    "But thanks to the generous support of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund activists and donors, we were able to reach thousands of voters. Yesterday, over 75,000 Alaskans voted to end this barbaric practice.

"Despite this loss, we're not giving up -- Alaskans for Wildlife will continue to hold the state Board of Game's feet to the fire and redouble our efforts to end this brutal program."

- http://newsblaze.com/story/20080827120039tsop.nb/topstory.html

Any decent human being who has seen the videos of this practice would be sickened by it.

2. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Should the US Government step in and tell Alaska that they are wrong and change their policy?

In XC
    -

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, this barbaric practice needs to be stopped. There is no place for such barbarism anywhere in the United States.

4. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

So in that case, the US Governmemt should step in and tell all States that Abortion must be stopped immediately or face prosecution? Is killing an unborn baby just as barbaric?

In XC
    -

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question is: Why was the state's own Department of Fish and Game and the Board of Game proposing and supporting it?

The only reason a judge stopped the practice in 2006 was because these departments had failed to demonstrate why other methods weren't viable. The judge agreed with every single one of their other justifications for the practice.

So what's the real reason, the real motivation for this practice?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be fine by me. The states are, in actual practice, really just administrative units of the federal government nowadays.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I'm on this, what about deer hunting? Why is there even a deer hunting season?

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same as it is for abortion - killing the defenseless because one has the power to do so.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deer are a food source.

10. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Just a guess, but could it be controlling the population?

In XC
    -

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken's hypocrisy on this issue is overwhelming. Abortion is 100X more important than hunting wolves. You don't see him bashing Barack Obama on the abortion issue. Why? It's politically inconvenient.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Stefan, I don't give a flying rip what you think of me. I am not the issue.

So there. :)

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are moose and caribou -- which the wolves just happen to be threatening....

14. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So what's barbaric about this? Are these the same wolves that barbarically catch, hamstring, and eat other animals? Why aren't you calling for an end to that barbaric practice? Is this just yet another example of playing politics with a non-political issue?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wolves have to eat, Don.

Hey, I admit I am an unabashed dog lover(I have 8 dogs) so I have really big soft spot for wolves since the domestic dog came from wolves.

Sarah Palin will not get my vote for the simple reason that she is John McCain's running mate. I am simply pointing out an issue that disagree with her on. Is that okay with everyone?

16. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Fine by you now, but wait until the US Government tells your state to change something that directly affects you, then we’ll see if it’s fine by you.

I have to say, that even though I don’t post in these parts of the BB often, I do read them and it was you who turned me on to Ron Paul and I’m really disappoint how easy you’ve seemed to have laid down and rolled over.

In XC
    -

17. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Wildlife is under stress all over the Planet

The new evangelicals are concerned with this as a whole and joy of Wild Life.

Wild Life across the planet is now under tremendous stress it is a legitimate concern we must be good stewards and be wise in conservation and reduce the stress on amazing raw in the wild animals, If anyone was to observe a Mountain Lion and her cubs for a month in scientific study would probably not dare raise a rifle to take its life same with the amazing clan and packs of wolfs if anyone of us would have the patience to study them and understand them we would probably lower our guns and gain knowledge and wonderment how God gave them to us to behold.

yes I am a fan of Animal Planet and Meerkat Manor :thumbs:

I will not comment on Abortion it has been demagogued beyond the pale, sorry

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, Pastor Larry, you have not seen the video of these wolves being tracked down through aerial hunting.

This was a ballot issue so it is certainly a political issue.

I guess we can continue our 100% record of being on the opposite side on every issue. At least it seems that way.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but I have finally given in to political reality. I am tired of tilting at political windmills.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you couch it as an indication of her track record, then yes, it's all right.

Let's not forget that these very same wolves have been reported as attacking children, too. I love watching wildlife just as much as everyone else...but when the deer threaten my crops, I'm all for thinning the heard. And when the wolves threaten my food sources, I'm all for thinning them out. It's not a simple case of the Department of Fish and Game saying, "everyone can run out and shoot a wolf"; they have to acquire a license, which means they're monitoring how many people are legally hunting them, whether by air or land.

And let's also not forget: those who are aerial hunting still have to land the plane somewhere, and then go back to where they last saw the wolf (current law states track, land, and then shoot).

So this issue, in the scheme of things here, is like wetting your pants in a dark suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.