1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Governors: Obama's Immigration Suit Is 'Toxic'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democratic governors expressed "grave" concerns to White House officials this weekend about the Obama administration's suit against Arizona's new immigration law, warning it could cost the party in crucial elections this fall, The New York Times reported late Sunday.

The closed-door meeting took place at the National Governors Association in Boston on Saturday, according to two unnamed governors who spoke to the Times.

More Here

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems both parties are more interested in elections than what might be right or wrong.

Talked to a repub. that is working for the OR rep. party and everything they are doing is about elections rather than setting a standard of belief/action and let the votes come rolling in based on any moral/ethical standard.

Told him that and next thing out of his mouth related to getting someone elected :tear:

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seldom, if at all, exercised my right to vote in my old country because of contempt for politicians there in general, and politics, in particular.
    When I got here, I found the same thing.
    What you said: they're out to get somebody elected.
    guess the only difference would be English is spoken here perfectly, while over there English is mixed in with the local dialect, eh ?
    But same old purposes.