1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gov't Cannot Fix Health Care.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, Aug 7, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I didn't consider the banking industry but you're right, banks and other financial institutions have digitized records with minimum to no problems with security.

2. targus

targus New Member

Banks made the decision to computerize records when they knew it would save money. At each step a cost analysis was made and an estimate of savings was made. Based on the numbers a decision to computerize or not computerize portions of the business was made.

Not all business is computerized.

So what is the cost estimate for what you are proposing and what are the estimated savings?

Without that how do you know that it will not actually be a net cost rather than a savings?

3. targus

targus New Member

So go ahead and regurgitate the government numbers.

And why would you call it "hype" if it is based on a cost/savings analysis?

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

You are aware, aren't you, that the forced government alternative to allowing businesses to make money has been tried...and it didn't work to well?
    (hint: It starts with a "C" and included paragons of freedom such as Romania, Abania, and East Germany)

Man, do you ever need to brush up on your history.

See, it's quotes like this that make it hard to take you seriously. You're more interested in slamming Republicans than anything else.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Because it's all theoretical and never manifest in reality.

It's like the CBO saying the current reform is within $250Billion of being paid for. No one on the right believes this which is why they keep using the $1 Trillion figure. However, before this bill is passed it will have to be deficit neutral according to the CBO. Will the right say it's deficit neutral once the CBO says it is?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You're too bought into the hype so loosing track of the facts, the public option WILL NOT BE MANDATORY. It will be one of many plans offered through the exchange. If you don't want the public option you don't have to pick it.

It's sole purpose is to keep the private plans in line and provide away for the poor and struggling to be insured. I don't plan to use it but by it being one of the plans in the exchange it will regulate the industry by default.

That was called humor. Just like Rev posting the signs. Lighten up... We can laugh at a joke every now and again.

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Exactly. That's why illegal aliens and poor people without insurance are denied treatment at emergency rooms.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Are you saying they are now or they will be denied treatment?

9. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Keep working you knave, don't you know that you work for the government? For the common good? What do you you think your life is for? To live your life as God intended? To live your life as you see fit fit for yourself and family? You must work for all that don't work. For it is said, 'The man that does not work, shall be fed, clothed and sheltered by his brothers, by force of government'....1Obama 5-6

10. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Where in the world did you get that from? I know from experience that illegals and those without financial means get treatment. Futhermore, I have no problem with helping out those in need with life-saving treatments or whatever they need to save their life. What I have a problem with is those that clog the system with problems that should be treated with something other than using our emergency systems.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

But, as I've said many times...if the plan causes private plans to no longer be viable (which it will do...), then eventually the private options either:

• Go away on their own;
    • Become unavailable to us (remember the clause that says if anything changes in our plan, or if we change situations, we must go public?),

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But that is my point, this happens now. Aliens are eating into the system now.

This is why I would like to see the Republican's belly up to the discussion table and introduce reforms like this.

Now, contrary to the email that went around, if you would read the actual senate proposal you will find this clause in section

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.txt.pdf

I believe this means they are excluded...

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

We could do that now if the politicians in D.C. just had some back-bone.

14. alatide

alatide New Member

I certainly support excluding illegal aliens. We will barely be able to afford supporting citizens. Illegal aliens are OUT.

15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if illegal aliens are excluded from this health bill. They don't have health insurance right now. The problem is that the hospitals are forced to give them care and those hospitals aren't paid for the care they give. Nothing about that situation will change.

16. alatide

alatide New Member

I think this needs to be fixed not but refusing health care to an illegal alien who is having a heart attack but by getting at the root of the problem by not allowing them to stay in the United states.

17. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If you are breaking the law, you should not receive medical care and then be released to continue to break the law. The only way we should provide medical care to illegal aliens is to get them healthy enough to deport. If they are having a heart attack the health issue should be addressed, but they should be placed under arrest and deported immediately upon becoming stable enough for them to transfer to a Mexican (or whatever country) hospital.

18. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

All you have to do is get your governmental representatives to agree with you and crack down on immigration. You and I both know this isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter if it's a republican or a democrat, neither will do anything about immigration. This seem to be one area in which both parties are in agreement

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

Quoting Sanford & Son's Grady:

good goobledy-goo...

We agree on somthin!

20. alatide

alatide New Member

Deporting them was what I was supporting.