1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace and discipleship

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by nunatak, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You tell me where a believer can be "lost" to then?

2. HisWordIsTruth

HisWordIsTruth New Member

Again I fail to see your point. Of course it says he was lost. It's hard to argue what the text says.

But it says I kept them, but one is lost. Jesus had him and then lost him. Now how can an unsaved person be in the possession of Jesus?

3. standingfirminChrist

I already gave the Scripture to show Judas was not saved and you conveniently ignored it.

Judas murdered himself. No murderers have eternal life abiding in them. All murderers will have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

The saved are not appointed to wrath, HWIT. Judas is appointed to the lake of fire and brimstone.

Learn how to rightly divide the Word of Truth before you dig yourself a pit that you can't get out of.

4. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

You are the one who is incorrect and twisting Scripture. Quit with the accusations and rightly divide the Word of Truth.
    Incorrect again...Jesus was referencing what Peter SAID and the spirit behind what Peter SAID.
    You sure are....big time twister! Did Jesus not KNOW who Satan was?
    We are aware of who's been banned from the BB. Your accusations are worthless. We all know who is the accuser of the brethren. Take heed, HWIT

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That is what you say the text says, but not what the text actually says...

12 While I was with them,

I was protecting them by Your name that You have given Me.
    I guarded (AA) them and not one of them is lost, except the son of destruction,

6. HisWordIsTruth

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) the killing of another human being

American Heritage Dictionary The unlawful killing of one human by another

WordNet unlawful premeditated killing of a human being by a human being

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law the crime of unlawfully and unjustifiably killing another

Seems there are at least some that disagree with "your" defintion of murder standingfirm.

Now do you have any Biblical evidence that says suicide is equal to murder?

7. HisWordIsTruth

Your bolding of the word "except" does not prove your point. It proves that Jesus was guarding them all and they were all safe except one. That one was lost. Jesus guarded him, but he went out on his own and left that protection.

He was lost. He had possession of him and then He didn't.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

son of perdition or son of destruction is only used twice in the NT, here and in 2 Thessalonians 2:3. Neither time is it used to describe a believer. You are reaching.

The bolding of except counters your notion that Judas "lostness" was only physical. He is referred to in the same wording the antichrist is.

9. HisWordIsTruth

To steal a pharse from a now defunked sitcom "all I hear is blah, blah, blah kitchen."

You are starting to sound like the same type of parrot as revmitchell a while back.

You keep saying this, but you are light on anykind of non-assumption proof.

Linda SERIOUSLY . . . But he turned, and said unto Peter, that's straight from the KJV of the Bible what more could you possibly want. HE SAID UNTO PETER.

Sticks and stones . . . you know how the rest goes don't you Linda?

Yeah they started a thread over in another section reliving the glory days of some of them that have gone by :). More drivel.

It amazes me that every time you folks are faced with what Scripture "says" all you can do is return to personal attacks. I'm going to owe webdog something before too long, but that speaks volumes. Surely it does to those that are just following along and they can see these false teachings for what they really are. But unfortunately I'm sure you folks have snowballed your fair share :(.

10. HisWordIsTruth

This is simply more of thus says someone other than Scripture. Where does SCRIPTURE say this term is described of ONLY folks that are headed for the hot place?

Peter was called SATAN himself. How could that not be worse that simply having the same term used to describe the antichrist. The person reaching is you by making an "assumption" that just because a term is used that your theology is correct.

Again I can't seriously believe I have been accused of mental gymnastics. Well let me take that back it doesn't surprise me at all :).

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed and we will ban the ME heresy. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.