1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace and discipleship

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by nunatak, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisWordIsTruth

HisWordIsTruth New Member

I was born at night SFIC, but it wasn't last night.

So I guess that poor jailor just missed out because Paul was having a bad day. And I guess Paul lied to the Ephesians then, because SFIC says that they have been save by graced through faith, and repentance and confession.

What was Paul thinking there?

Okay since you believe Paul was lying, then my next question is how many contradictions do you have to be okay with in Scripture before it's all just a hoax SFIC?

See to me "one" is "one" too many. And I believe Paul was telling the Truth!

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are the same scripture and the same arguments you used as seekinghistruth, Jason just before you were banned the last time.

3. HisWordIsTruth

So what was seekinghistruth banned for? I didn't see his/her name in any of the Millennial Exclusion threads?

Are we banned if we stand up for what the Scriptures actually "say" around here? That would be pretty sad.

By the way don't you have enough respect for a person to go along with a simple request. You haven't proven in any way shape or form that I am the person you accuse me to be, so you could at least honor my request dont' you think? That's not too much to ask of you is it "rev"mitchell? Again how "reverend" do you think it is to continue to do something against the will of someone else?

And you will know them by their love. Is this how you show "love"?

4. nunatak

nunatak New Member

Skypair, I don't deny what you are saying, and I appreciate your candor.

Two questions:
    First, why is what you say true, which I don't doubt it is--"Many of us sit through sermons on Sunday questioning whether what the preacher said is truly what God says. Should I tithe? Am I to "evangelize the world?" Are you calling me to preach?"

Second, is this a condition in ALL the churches, from the apostles time to now? Is it limited to 20 and 21st century churches? Or is it limited to American churches?

5. standingfirminChrist

Meaning?

If one reads the verses above where Paul tells the jailor to believe, one would see that the jailor was already repentant. The jailor had a broken and contrite heart and of such, the Lord saves.

That the jailor was repentant and wanted to be saved. Not hard to figure out.
    You tell me to stop with accusations and you turn around and accuse me of believing Paul was lying? You've got to be kidding.

I showed you verses that were written by Paul or one writing for Paul while he dictated and you don't believe them? Paul said in Romans 10 one had to believe and also confess in order to be saved.

James said believing without works was dead faith. One can say he or she believes in Christ until the day he or she dies. My brother did. He died a drunkard. A drunk from his teens til he was 55... yet believed that Jesus was the Son of God, believed Christ died on the cross and rose again. Yet my brother, with just his believing and no works ended up in hell.

There are no contradictions in Scripture.

Paul was telling the truth. One must believe and confess or the belief alone is just as James confirmed... dead, being alone.

btw, Jesus Himself said man had to repent or he would perish. Jesus also said man must believe in Him. Jesus also said confession is necessary for Salvation.

So I will believe Jesus, Paul, and James when it comes to what saves.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ok. I'll just ask point blank. HisWordIsTruth, is your name Jason Jump?

Yes or no.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find this response interesting in light of this post by JJump:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1082261#post1082261

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason I have known you for three years. I really do wish you would quit kicking against the conviction of the Holy Ghost repent and drop your heresy. May God not give up on you.

10. standingfirminChrist

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, guys. Maybe he ain't this Jason Jump fellow and all this is just coincidental.

Is there the slightest possibility that his last name is Phelps and he is from Westboro Baptist Church?

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seems to be support for ME

12. standingfirminChrist

Looks like ME support to me as well.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Follow through on your own words. A few days ago I asked you what Greek text you read. I received no answer.

14. standingfirminChrist

I use the Received Text, Textus Receptus, what do you use?

15. HisWordIsTruth

Well let's just see if that's true.

When the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped.

WOW that is some repetance there. He was going to take his life. Are you serious standingfirm?

But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!" And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

There is NOTHING there that Paul told this man that he had to repent of his sins. There is NOTHING there that says this man knew anything about repentance. Your basing your theology on nothing but assumption. Sorry, but I'm not will to "assume" anything.

How do you seriously get the jailor was repentant out of he was about to kill himself and had to be stopped? WOW.

No I'm not kidding at all. You said you have to do something other than believe. Your statement and Paul's statement both can't be true. They are totally opposite of each other. So one of you is lying. And you certainly aren't going to admit it's you are you? So therefore based on what you have "said" there is no way that you can believe Paul is telling the truth.

Of course I know you would never admit to that, but your statements speak loud and clear for all to see.

So again we either have a contradiction in Scripture, which is an impossibility OR your understanding of Romans 10 is incorrect.

Have you been to hell? Have you seen him there? Wouldn't you be shocked if you see Him at the same JSOC you are standing at :).

Then again you can't believe that there are all kinds of thing one needs to do in order to be saved, because Paul said believe and you will be saved. Your statements and his statements don't mesh. One of you is not telling the truth.

Then why did Paul just happen to leave the confession part out when speaking to the jailor?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Definately!

JJump, since you believe a believer will spend a 1000 years in hell for sinning, why do you continue to sin by registering in different names and blatantly lying about who you are? We had our run-ins when your screen name was JJump, but man, it is quite pathetic to continue this need to blatantly pass over the rules of different boards to continue spreading this heretical garbage. I really feel sorry for you. I'm praying you find peace, enough so that you quit sinning by disregarding the rules on these boards.

17. HisWordIsTruth

I guess one simple request IS in fact too much for you. Again how do you justify doing exactly opposite of what I've asked you to do, since you have no "real" evidence that I am this person that you claim that I am?

Do you think you are showing love to a fellow believer by completely ignoring a simple request that I have made of you? Just curious?

No one has been able to prove your accusations. Again I have shown the only proof you have put forth to be false and you still continue in this line. Again how do you consider this to be "reverend" revmitchell?

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He used to get all bent out of shape by calling him Jason, too. It's definately JJump. Amy asked you point blank, and you will not answer her.

19. HisWordIsTruth

Well you folks read into the Scripture what you want, so why would it surprise me that you would read into my statement that which is not there :).

How do you get I am a Millennial Exclusionist out of I didn't find seekinghistruth's name in those threads. You folks are hilarious.

20. standingfirminChrist

But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!" And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

I bolded the part that shows the jailor was repentant. Why would he have been trembling with fear if none of the prisoners had escaped? The answer... he wouldn't.

The fact that the Christian prisoners had no thought to save their own lives that certainly were in danger for preaching Christ, did not escape, brought about that repentant heart that the jailor so evidently showed when he 'trembled in fear.

The jailor already confessed his need for Salvation when he asked how to be saved.

#80 standingfirminChrist, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.