1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace Evangelical Society

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The Grace Evangelical Society. Are they teachers of truth [​IMG] or teachers of error? :eek: What is your opinion?

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Error ... they teach a false gospel.

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Having looked over their websight and read over what they believe, I think I know what you mean, but correct me if you were speaking of some other error that they adhere to.
    The error, as I see it, was that after getting (supposedly), "saved", then whatever you do, whatever you believe, however you live, makes abolutely no difference whatsoever. One can even, subsequently deny the faith and become an atheist, makes no difference, because that former, "Confession of faith", was all that was needed.

Now, I do not propose that one is saved by works, but is works TOTALLY divorced from salvation? I don't think so. The Epistle of James is in the Bible. I believe that we are saved by grace through faith alone, but not by a faith that is alone. It seems to me that the kind of faith that the G.E.S. is promoting is the kind of faith that even devils have, and they are certainly not saved.

Let me know if I am off-base here.
    Thanks

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You are correct.