1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Those in false religion who have debased the Grace and Death of the Lord Jesus Christ, they would have us believe that the reign of sin and death through Adam Rom 5:12 has been much more effectual in producing results than the reign of Grace unto Eternal Life which is through the doings of the Lord Jesus Christ !

They are saying the sin and death of adam had greater effects than the Grace and Righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ !

The word for reign, the verb basileuo means:

I rule, reign, I reign over, to reign or rule as King, to exercise dominion, rule,

It means to exercise the highest influence,or control ! Grace is King Jesus's Spiritual and effectual power Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister/servant, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

The word made is a new creation word, its the greek word ginomai and means:

I come into being, am born, become, come about, happen.

properly, to emerge, become, transitioning from one point (realm, condition) to another. 1096 (gínomai) fundamentally means "become" (becoming, became) so it is not an exact equivalent to the ordinary equative verb "to be" (is, was, will be)

Paul came into being as an Servant/ Minister of Christ by the Grace given Him according to the effectual working of Power, it was not a freewill decision he made, its was Christ reigning by Grace or Grace reigning through Jesus Christ !

To do this grace reigned in bringing Paul out of spiritual death and unbelief conquering the effects of what he became because of sin and death which reigned through adam !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 2

Now in this specific case Eph 3:7 does pertain to Pauls whole conversion experience and preparing him and enlightening him for the Apostolic Ministry, yet it applies to all the Body of Christ, His Members in particular; Just as its stated that the Grace of God was given to Paul in an effectual manner, Paul informs us that its so with all believers 1 Cor 1:4

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

Eph 4:7

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now if you notice the Grace given believers in Christ Jesus in 1 Cor 1:4 is the same as that given in Christ Jesus in 2 Tim 1:9, it being given believers in Him before the world began, it given then was the earnest down-payment that it would be given us in Time to abound and reign for us delivering us out of the ruins of the fall !

And this Grace given us reigns unto Eternal Life Rom 5:21 , effectually overcoming for us and in us sin and death, which had reigned through the doings of Adam our natural Federal head !

Now for anyone to be teaching that anyone Christ by the Grace of God tasted death for Heb 2:9, should somehow lose out on Eternal Life, they are in effect teaching that what Adam did and the consequences it effected upon them, that it has been greater and more effectual, that what Christ did for them, that Adam's consequences of sin and death has reigned more supreme than the effects and consequences of what Christ did and Grace reigning through Him, which makes what man has done of greater effect than what God has done through Jesus Christ to offset it ! How many truly believe that Grace reigns through Jesus Christ unto Eternal Life ? Thats what the scripture teaches Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 3

All for whom Christ died and redeemed by His precious blood, He must and shall begin His reign in them by His Grace and Spirit, and Word, for He will reign in them as their King, and they will become willing subjects of His Kingdom Ps 110:3

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

The Day of Christ's Power is when He told His disciples this after His resurrection Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Now we know that the phrace in Ps 110:1

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

That this speaks of Christ's post resurrection from this Acts 2:30-35

So this is the Day of His Power wherein He shall reign as King in His People that He died for,

Redemption by His Blood effects us being translated into His Kingdom Col 1:12-14

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Christ makes those He died for subjects of His Kingdom, for He is not only their Priest, but their King on a Throne Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Who shall He rule ? Why His People that He died for Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

The Risen Christ, the Head of the Church His Body, is both a Priest and King in His Redemptive Glory.

People fail to understand that the Father gave the Son for His Redemptive Glory a Kingdom, which had subjects Dan 7:14

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Lk 22:29

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

This is the Kingdom here Col 1:12-13

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The Father did not appoint His Son a Kingdom without subjects ! He appointed the subjects also, we know this by how Jesus answered the mother of james and john here Matt 20:20-21

20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

Vs 23

23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

And remember Jesus said about His Kingdom Jn 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:

Its a Spiritual Kingdom, wherein He rules in His subjects by His Spirit, Grace and Word !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 4

Lets refer back to Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

The Man the Branch is the Lord Jesus Christ, which shall build an Temple to the Lord, and He shall sit and rule upon His Throne, and be a Priest upon His Throne ! This Temple and Priesthood could not possibly be of that which existed back under the OC, the levitical priesthood, for by that The Man the Branch would not be qualified according to the flesh, since He was not from the tribe of Levi, but of Judah;

Now His reign shall be over the House of Jacob Lk 1:33

33 And he shall reign[As King and Priest] over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

And over the Gentiles Rom 15:12

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign[as King and Priest] over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

And notice that the effect of His reign is that, in Him shall they Trust, or believe on !

And His Kingdom mentioned in Lk 1:33 is the same His Kingdom spoken of here Jn 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

In fact His Kingdom is in us by His Spirit, Grace and Word Lk 17:20-21,

As a reward for His Redemptive Work, Christ is given a Kingdom, with subjects to obey and serve Him Cp Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Dan 7:14

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

For just as by what Adam did, sin and death did reigned in us, the devils kingdom was set up in us and made us servants of sin, but now How much more, by and through what Jesus Christ did, Grace and Truth shall reign in us, establishing Christ's Kingdom in us and our lives !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ is reigning in His Kingdom Now !

Col 1:13

Jn 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Even as Christ spake these words, "My Kingdom" He then was in possession of His Kingdom, and was reigning as King over it , for it was then as He spake a present reality, with servants !

When Jesus states that His Kingdom is not from hence, He is speaking in the present tense, not the future, even though the scripture teaches a future manifestation of it.

Notice in Vs 37 Pilate asked :

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.[His Kingdom Voice in the Gospel]

Now Jesus had just said in Vs 36, He possessed a Kingdom, to have a Kingdom obviously indicates Hes a King, in fact He was Born King of the Jews Matt 2:2,

So Jesus says to pilate this:

Thou sayest that I am a king

Now does this response in itsef affirm that Christ said He is a King ? Yes it does, Lets look at a couple of translations:

"So then *you* are a king!" rejoined Pilate. "Yes," said Jesus, "you say truly that I am a king. For this purpose I was born, and for this purpose I have come into the world--to give testimony for the truth. Every one who is a friend of the truth listens to my voice."Weymouth New Testament

Young's Literal Translation
    Pilate, therefore, said to him, 'Art thou then a king?' Jesus answered, 'Thou dost say it; because a king I am, I for this have been born, and for this I have come to the world, that I may testify to the truth; every one who is of the truth, doth hear my voice.'

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    Pilate asked him, "So you are a king?" Jesus replied, "You're correct in saying that I'm a king. I have been born and have come into the world for this reason: to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to me."

New American Standard Bible
    Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

Christ did affirm the fact that He is a King, and that in being one, He bears witness to the Truth, and to everyone who is of the Truth, which may be understood of everyone who is of His Kingdom, a subject in His Kingdom, by New Birth, will be hearing His Voice, the Voice of their King !

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ is reigning in His Kingdom Now !2

Christ came also as the Messenger of the Covenant Mal 3:1

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

For He was given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6 and so to them He would bear witness to the Truth of the Covenant ! Remember David spake Ps 25:14

14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

The shewing here is equivalent to the bearing witness to the Truth of the Covenant or the Truth Jn 18:37, and Christ bears witness of the Truth to all who have been birthed into His Spiritual Kingdom of Zion Ps 87:5

And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Many falsely believe that Christ's Kingdom is a physical natural jewish ethnic kingdom like the one of King David reigned over, but its not, that was a picture, a type, a shadow of the Spiritual Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ !

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Grace reigns through Jesus Christ 5

One of the most abused scriptures in the bible when it comes to Grace, is this one Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

This verse has been used by deceivers for centuries to teach that Salvation by the Grace of God is made available for all men without exception, but its up to man to accept it with his freewill in order to get saved by it, or something of that nature !

But thats one of the biggest lies ever told. This verse is actually an Illustration / Testimony to the Grace of God reigning through the Righteousness of Jesus Christ Rom 5:21

21 That[hina purpose] as sin hath reigned unto death, even so That [Hina Purpose]might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

And thats what Titus 2:11 Illustrates, that this Grace of God, to whom All it concerns, brings and produces a inward practical Acquaintance with Salvation by the Grace of God, an actual conversion by the Spirit of Grace !

In fact the word bringeth Salvation in Titus 2:11 is the greek sōtērios and means:

I.saving, bringing salvation

Grace here is actually saving, bringing about an conversion, and then its said to start Teaching Vs 12

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

That word teaching is actually the word for chasteneing, to be instructed, to cause one to learn !

Its God dealing with us as Sons, where the same word is used Heb 12:6

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

In fact thats who the All are in Titus 2:11, hence it could read Titus 2:11

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, or every Son,

Teaching us [every Son]that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

This is another way of Saying that Grace reigns through Righteousness unto Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, That same Eternal Life promised before the World began Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Where God gives Grace He gives Glory !

We read in 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

That Grace was given to the saved before the world began, both Grace and Purpose, and then we also read that God gives Both Grace and Glory Ps 84:11

11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Glory follows Grace, in fact Paul goes on to write to these same believers this 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Now the Elect here, those who were given Purpose and Grace in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9, they also shall obtain that Salvation which is in CHRIST JESUS with Eternal Glory, which is because Grace was given them in CHRIST JESUS before the World began, hence Grace must reign in their behalf until it consummates them in Glory !

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What is this fulness ?

Col 1:19

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

John Gill in his comments says:

This is that fulness of Grace given Christ's Body, the Church chosen in Him before the foundation of the World, when they were given both Purpose and Grace in Him 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Paul say Grace was given us believers in Christ Jesus before the word began !

Again John Gill writes:

Then in Time, according to Gods Purpose, each member of Christ's Body receive from Him experimentally Jn 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

This is the same fulness as in our text Col 1:19

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Now they shall receive it in proportions by the Spirit of Grace Zech 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Note: The House of David is the House of Christ, the Greater David, and His house is His Church, His Body, His Family !

So the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Grace is sent by Christ, the Head of His Body the Church, to communicate to the members, that Grace and Life already given them in Him before the World began.

So basically the Fulness of Col 1:19 is that Fulness of Grace stored up in Christ for His Members the Church, that they may receive communications of it in due time according to God's Purpose for them !

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Grace reign is superior to sins reign and death !

Rom 5:21

Now none would disagree that sin hath reigned unto death, because of the sin of One man Adam Rom 5:12

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Death by/because of sin was passed upon all men that Adam represented !

This death passed upon them was not for or because of their own personal sin, for they were not yet born or existed to do any good or evil !

But where unbelief reigns, the antithetical stated Truth that, even as sin reigned unto death through Adam, that Grace reigns through Righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord, the same as saying, Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death[because sin reigns]; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.[Because Grace reigns]

You see, The Grace that reigns through Righteousness of Christ, it conquers/overcomes sin and death reign which came about because of the inferior being Adam.

Did you know that if anyone Christ died for enters into eternal death or the second death, or do not see life as Per Rev 20:14;21:8;Jn 3:36 then that means, the reign of sin unto death by Adam the inferior was of superior effect and consequence than that of Christ, which by His Righteousness[Rom 5:18] Grace reigns unto eternal life !

Yet many will falsely teach that what Christ did for those He represented is overcome by and inferior to what Adam did by his representation of them, the same ones Christ represented ! They therefore teach that sin and death reign superior through adam than does Grace and Righteousness through Christ !

This is a Blasphemous and Antichrist teaching and its no other way to put it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.