1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grace Robbery

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 15, 2008.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A few years ago I preached in the church of a friend of mine and a few hours after the service we visited a lady. She received Christ that morning. We found out that previously she had visited another church at the end of her street. She told the story of the time she walked into the church with pants on and had about medium length hair. They would not let her in the church.

A friend of mine from seminary told orf the story in South Carolina when he led a black youth to Christ and invited the youth to church. The youth came, and the deacons at the door would not let him in. That is when my friend resigned. The SBC needs to take control of those kind of autonomous churches and refuse them fellowship and refuse to take their money.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those are indeed sad situations.
    People not allowed to church based on what they were wearing, and their skin color.
    Very sad, and makes you angry.

3. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it grace robbery? Of course it is. It does cut two ways, though.

In my town, sag38's list would pretty much have to be reversed. Here you could get chewed on for using a KJV in SS, for wearing a suit and tie (males) or a nicer dress (ladies). You might get told you are divisive if you pick up the hymnal for a song projected on the screen (ok, even with trifocals it is easier to see the book and if the song is in both places, shouldn't I have the choice?)!

And just so you know--I usually wear jeans to church but occasionally get the urge to dress up and do so. I own most English translations and use several, INCLUDING but not limited to the KJV. I love the songs in the hymnal, the better songs of CCM, and "know" (LOL!!) we will all sing southern gospel in Heaven!

It isn't about old fuddy duddy legalists against the hip modern folks. It is anytime, anywhere, anyway we add WORKS to the gospel of Jesus Christ!

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This would be dead wrong - it does cut both ways