1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grade School Assaults - How Sad!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 22, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just recently, a story hit the headlines here in my hometown about a second-grade male student who had been sexually assaulting a fellow second grade student. The alleged assaults took place over a period of a year, and both students are now in the third grade.

The alleged assaults took place in the boy's bathroom [in front of witnesses now receiving counseling] and in the classroom, supposedly while the lights were turned off to show television learning programs.

If you think, this is a one-time thing, think again, as these events are happening more frequently than we may want to admit. Just last year, in April 2013, an Omaha elementary school was reported to have a similar event going on where three boys were sexually attacking a fellow third-grade female student, in plain sight on the playground just last April 2013.

I have to ask what is going on in the once safe hallways and byways of our once safe elementary schools? Everything from teachers molesting students to kids taking gun to school, to down right rape and assaults among our youngest school aged children?

I am not going to proclaim that this is the direct result of Prayer being taken out of school...but rather, it seems that overcrowding of schools, and poor parenting, that results in these kids being introduced to these kinds of behaviors at an earlier age than ever before, may be the real culprit.

So, I'd like to know that you, the Christian voice of morality feels is going on in our schools that allow such things to even be entertained in the hearts and minds of our children? What is wrong with this society ... and more importantly, how can we fix it, if we even can? :type:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Student-Assaulted-Five-More-Occasions-251350271.html

OMAHA: http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Third-Graders-Accused-Of-Attempted-Sexual-Assault-204367451.html

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think it is just a case of a more open sexually aware society. What was once excused as 'playing doctor' is now seen, rightly or wrongly, as sexual assault.

I suspect these assaults have always happened, but were written off in the past as 'kids being kids.'

Not in these cases obviously, but children have also been accused of assault for a childish kiss or hug or even a 'you're pretty.'

I suspect this awareness is a generally good thing. I am not sure a sexual assault charge is the best solution.

This parent shows real wisdom.

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014