1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Graham's prayer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salamander, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Comparing other prayers made publicly, which of any two, this and any other recent ones, would you rather be made most known?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Could you supply more information on this prayer, such as date and occasion? It's a wonderful prayer, but for some reason, I can't hear BG praying this prayer. I'll be happy to hear that it's a real quote. I hope there's a video available.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I don't think it was Billy Graham who spoke this prayer. I believe, but cannot be sure,it was the opening prayer of the Kansas legislature some years ago. A portion of them walked out in protest as the visiting pastor delivered this prayer. .

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Indeed, it is a variation of a prayer that caused controversy in the Kansas legislature. Snopes is your friend. The pastor was named Rev. Wright.

CLICK HERE

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, its NOT that Rev Wright! :smilewinkgrin:

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It was sent to me via email as if it was Graham's, but anyway, it was my intention to do a comparison with other recent public prayers; Warren's Inaugeration prayer not excepted.

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salamander's Prayer

It would probably be more edifying to compare and contrast it to a prayer of your own.

Rob

9. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

Why does that prayer strike me as a political statement more than a prayer .. I don't know .. I just got a bad vibe from reading that.

I mean, the message is good and all .. I agree with it and all .. I'm just saying.