1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Grammar" and When "Jesus rose"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Yes, it is nice, and very easy, to find friends in life while the going is easy. There is more than one way not to give account of the faith that in you is, and that is to sit in the conversation of the popular and populace. I have seen many 'pastors' of the flock the loudest and most verbal jesters around campfires and in meetings on Church affairs. I'm not 'immature' as Annsi thinks; it is he and you who are pretending young, up and going, but cannot laugh without the gout let you feel it in your deepest of hearts. You do NOT fool me. You just CANNOT shrug this off as easily as you pretend. Not while you are really believing yourselves to be Christians.

I won't pal up with ANY 'pastor' too eagerly .... Ed Sutton.

OR: You are invited cordially: Answer me with Scripture!

That is it: It is the CHURCH and its lazy MEMBERS who love and worship their Sunday more than ANYTHING. That's why I, am so obsessed with this underlying reason for the SLOTH and let go attitude of the Church - its true HEART-AILMENT of disregard for the Scriptures, simply.
    But we just love ourselves and things as they are. Leave us, we are enjoying ourselves, please! That is the Church; and that is why you, the Church, behave as you do when confronted by your pet teddy idol for the monster it is. It's all mirth among friends and bonfire of the pages of Holy Writ; but in your deepest of hearts you are so scared and misreable you WILL NOT HAVE IT being disturbed!

#21 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Yes, you posted before you could see me upset! Watch me in the post after yours!

I, do NOT believe, "Saturday is the Sabbath", friend! I do NOT! I believe "The Sabbath of the LORD God" Almighty Unchangeable, Saviour AND JUDGE! The ONLY question is - the only 'issue' - Is it "the Sabbath of the LORD --- YOUR --- God"? Yes, or No?

And here, is the true and only, 'bottom-line':
    If you ever believed the Sabbath, you would have celebrated it for the resurrection of our Blessed Lord Jesus: "On the Sabbath Day of each week".

That is my whole point and my only point I am so ridiculed for as above by three posters in succession and now by you the fourth: THIS: You supply me with the SCRIPTURE, Saltcity Baptist, .... our Blessed Lord Jesus "on the First Day of the week", resurrected! You do; let me see!

Here we go again, as again and again before so that those posters and you tell me it is me who is getting so monotonous .... Op my ou ramkiekie met nog net een snaar .... or, 'Variations on the G string' as it used to be in the classics. Then they say I would not write about other things rather. They have no idea!

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nice 'shots' I guess.

Considering I have never said any if these things, that is.

BTW, there is a great deal of difference between being properly concerned about "the SLOTH and let go attitude of the (professing) Church" and some difference over some supposed "Sabbath" beliefs and "keeping the Sabbath" (whatever that actually means, in this, the Dispensation of the grace of God - Eph. 3:2), and which I believe is one of the matters expressly forbidden to be judged concerning.
    So why does this supposed 'issue' of the Sabbath seem to keep arising with your posts? :confused:

Ed

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have a friend who lives in a Muslim country. She is left to worship on Friday because that is the day that is not a work day and allows the church to meet. It's not the day that's important, IMO. Friday, Saturday, Sunday - what matters is that we do meet together with the body of Christ for worship, teaching and prayer.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Dear Ed Sutton, properly consider this very Scripture you are here quoting in its entire setting and context, and you have given the ONLY answer I, am giving to your, question. Because YOU do read, because Christ "triumphed in it" - his resurrection from the dead (12-15) - "THEREFORE, do not you let yourselves be condemned by anyone (tear up that "adjudication against you", verse 14) with regard to your : eating or drinking OF FEAST WHETHER OF SABBATHS' OR OF MONTH'S SABBATHS' FEAST, FOR THESE ARE JUST A SPECTRE OF THINGS A-COMING, EVEN THE BODY OF CHRIST'S OWN .... NOURISHMENT BEING MINISTERED .... GROWING WITH THE GROWTH OF GOD." (16-19)

I rest my case.

#25 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Observe my team-mate Annsni passes the ball to me the winger up against the out-line. Why doesn't he pass it to the inside!! You force me transgress the Law the Scripture Col2:16, and play judge in God's place. I think the judge of this game, Annsni, is going to be sacked.

I, GE, am not here to judge any but manipulators of the Scriptures -- and, to take the brunt provided by the Scriptures.