1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grand Canyon Question?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by BM, Mar 23, 2006.

1. BM

BM New Member

We will be visiting the Grand Canyon area in May. We will be staying one night in Sedona and then going on to the GC next day so I was wondering if any one knows how long it will take us to reach the GC from Sedona? I have read some about traffic being congested before you reach the entrance.

**** Thanks, Becky ****

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

When I was out there two years ago we made the trip from Phenix to the GC, by way of Sedona, in a day trip. Then we stayed at a hotel at the GC for two days. As I remember it we drove from Phenix to Sedona and arrived at lunch time. We ate and visited the tourist shops/venders. Then we drove on the the GC. We arrived in the late afternoon, checked into our hotel, and then watched the sun set over the GC. It was beautiful.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Becky --

Check out the railroad trip from Williams to the Grand Canyon. It is much more relaxing than driving and the scenery is great. And, it is fairly reasonable if I remember correctly. You then get around the park by buses.

Good luck!

FoS

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Sedona to the South Rim, about 2 hours if the roads are basically clear. May would probably not be as congested as June thru August, but you never know when many large contingents, often from foreign countries, will happen to be there. The North Rim is always much less congested, but of course you must drive around to the northeast by Glen Canyon, making it another 2 hours (one way).

5. BM

BM New Member

Thanks for your advice. We had thought about the train ride from Williams, but we decided to stay at the GC for 2 nights so will probably just drive.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Note -- you can still take the train AND stay at the GC for 2 nights. Plus, I think you can easily get around the canyon without a car. Good luck & have fun.

7. Kilad

Kilad New Member

Yes this sounds about right. It is well worth the trip.