1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grandmother beat up by 3 punks

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by hawg_427, Dec 16, 2008.

1. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Did anyone see the story of the sweet grandmother that got beat up and kidnapped for 26 hours? I think it was in Ca. She had purchased a caccume cleaner from one of the young men and he came back later that night and told her that his girlfriend kicked him out so could he use her phone to call his Mother. When she let him in he choked her from behind and the other two people came in and robbed her house, then they punched her and kicked her and tied her up and put her in the trunk of her own can. They drove around until the police pulled the car over for running a red light. The young kids just rolled their eyes in court when the charges were read to them. This is what our world has become, I just can''t understand young people these days. I'd have to go Old Testament on those kids if that were my Mother. LOL:BangHead:

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Goin OT. I like that.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I can think of at least three charges: Attempted murder, kidnapping, and car theft. I hope they spend a LOT of time in prison. Of course, OT punishment would work even better--stone them to death.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When they were younger their dad should have put welts on their butt. It would have been a lesson they would have never forgotten.

Remember the youngster from the US that went to Malaysia and damaged some cars. He was caned, but his parents and Bill Clinton felt sorry for him. When he returned to the US he got in trouble again. Apparently the support he was given from folks in the US just served to reinforce what he wanted and not what he should have learned.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

It's terrible to hear about these things. Sometimes these things turn out differently.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- A woman found evidence on her porch that someone might have broken into her house when she let her dogs out for a walk early Wednesday morning. The woman's granddaughter also said she heard noises from inside the house.

Susan Gaylord Buxton, 66, retrieved her .38 caliber handgun and searched her house. She found a man hiding in a closet, covered by a coat.

The man, 22-year-old Christopher Lessner, lunged for the gun, and, police said, Buxton shot him once in the leg. She fired a second shot, which missed, according to police.

Arlington police said Lessner is expected to be charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, evading arrest, criminal mischief and criminal trespass. Buxton was not expected to face charges.

An armed citizen is a great deterant to violent crime.