1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grandson deployed to Iraq

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 22, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

My oldest grandson is being deployed to Iraq in a few weeks. He is Cheslyn's daddy...and they are expecting another little one in May (yes, my family is very prolific).

Please pray for his (Bobby's) safety, and also for his wife (Chailee) as she carries this new baby to term.

She will be all alone in Hawaii while he is in Iraq and thousands of miles from any of her family, when the baby is born.

I can't remember what you call it, but she had diabetes while carrying Cheslynn, so I imagine she will have it again with this pregnancy. She doesn't have it any other time.

Last, but certainly not least, pray for Cheslyn. She loves her daddy and is old enough to miss him.

I know that Bobby is in God's hands, and in His will. The first thing he did at both places he has been so far was to start a Bible Study group and several soldiers came to the Lord as a result.

As far as I know, he won't be on the front lines, but I don't think one is safe anyplace in Iraq, especially in a military uniform.

Thank you for your prayers, in advance. I am a worry-wart when it comes to my kids and grandkids. :tear:

One more request. Pastor Bob and his wife are trying to get the money together to make the trip to Hawaii so they can see their son before he goes to Iraq. Pray this will happen if it's the Lord's will. They are such a close family.

Here are two faces to put with your prayers. I will post one of Chailee when I get one.

Bobby and Cheslyn
    [​IMG]

Thank you again!
    §ue

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

You have my prayers for Bobby, Sue. :praying:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sue - That's gestational diabetes.

I'll definitely be praying for your grandson! I have numerous friends who have been over there and they've had good experiences (except the one who's Marine special forces - but he's purposely in the worst stuff). It's hard when the men go on deployment but there should be some good support for his wife in Hawaii. My brother was stationed there for 8 years and he loved it there.

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Sue, we will be praying for your grandson, Bobby whom I know that you are so proud as so are we when we heard that he conducted Bible studies.

Lord, we pray that you will protect Bobby now and when he will be deployed to Iraq.
    May you bring special friends who will be a comfort to Bobby's wife, Chailee who is
    carrying a precious baby. May Chailee have a safe pregnancy and delivery of this
    baby. And Lord, be near precious Cheslyn that You will be with her as her daddy will be gone. Lord Jesus we appreciate all that Sue makes possible on this board that
    you will give her Your peace when it is so easy ( including myself) to be worrying.
    Lord,be with every member of these families that Your will and peace be upon each of them. In Jesus' Name we pray Amen.

Sue, We are so proud of your grandson and is serving his country and His God!

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sue, my brother Luke is in Iraq right now and I'm praying every day for him and for our armed forces and their families. They certainly DO need our prayers, especially for strength and encouragement. Please tell your grandson thank you for his service, and that we appreciate his family's sacrifice while he is away. I'll add them to my prayer list, right along with my brother and other military.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Praying Sue... :praying: