1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Great (and truthful!) video...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Sep 6, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well not exactly. Aligning Ron Paul to President Reagan without disclaimers and Governor Perry to Al Gore without disclaimers makes the video false and nothing but political lies.
    In fact Rick Perry and his current claims has more to do with President Reagan then he does with Al Gore, but the problem is can he be trusted as he has one thing that he seeks and it is his own agenda.
    While Ron Paul has some good ideas he is too liberal in some areas, such as the homosexual area.
    It is too bad that we cannot merge some of those running to get one person who would stands for the country while not denying the Lord's ways but there just is not anyone like that in the pot right now.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't remember--was Reagan for or against abortion when he ran in 1976?

Or when did Reagan change his position on abortion?

3. targus

targus New Member

What is "his own agenda"?

What is his agenda?

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Himself. :smilewinkgrin:

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

What exactly do you disagree with about Paul, in terms of homosexuality? He believes that marriage is between a man and woman, and believes homosexuality is a mental disorder...sounds good to me!

As far as a constitutional amendment, he believes that is the wrong solution, and I agree. The solution is for the government to get the heck out of the marriage business altogether. Marriage is a church issue, not a government issue. The mere idea that the government issues (and collects revenues from), marriage licenses, should cause any right thinking American to shudder. It is akin to the Government administering baptisms, or communion.

Paul believe the government should stay out of Church affairs...I agree. As far as Perry, if you look at his record (rather than what he says), he still agrees with Gore more than he disagrees. he supported Hillary's health care plan. He supported mandatory Gardasil vaccinations. He says he is against TSA groping, and claimed to support a bill to combat it in Texas, but lied and misdirected, while intentionally shooting it down. Government intrusion has increased in Texas under Perry, even while he claims to be for smaller government. He is inconsistent, and says only what he needs to get elected.

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Ron Paul & Rick Perry. A Texas Two-Step of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You do not remember what I posted before in another thread when you asked the same question? However to refresh your mind and to be sure that you hear it from the horses mouth go here;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeW0DY64bE

BY the way. Homosexuality is not a mental disorder. It is a spiritual disorder.

#9 freeatlast, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Homosexuality is a mental disorder. Of course, it is a spiritual disorder too. One does not preclude the other.

As far as the video: First, whoever is doing the questioning, does not have a proper view of the gospel. We are all adulterers. We all have "character flaws."

Second, Paul was caught off guard by the question. If you listen to the end, he does in fact reference sin in terms of homosexuality.

Third, whether or not his personal feelings on a subject perfectly align with my own do not matter as much, as long as his POLICIES on the subject line up with mine. Saying "he is too liberal in some areas" implies that you are speaking about his policies, not his personal feelings/beliefs. His policy is correct on the issue.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Reagan shrank government and taxes? Reduced the national debt?

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

He did lower taxes, but President Reagan raised the national debt. Under him we passed the trillion dollar mark for the first time in our history and we have never looked back.