1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Great Fundamental Leaders of today

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by bapmom, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Now that I think about it, saving Fundamentalism has really cut into my golf time. I could use a break.

I resign. Let's have a new election.

(I'm still holding on to the Boss of All Jesuits position, though. Those robes are cool :cool: )

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :applause:

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

You can be the Boss of All Jesuits Emeritus, and keep the robes. I think you even deserve another honorary doctorate for that as well.:laugh:

4. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Don't you realize that, as the Boss of All Jesuits, I control the booze industry and that entitles me to free potato chips at Busch Stadium when I visit St. Louis? No, no "emeritus" status for me--I want the whole enchilada.

Now, whom should we elect to be the new Leader of Fundamentalism?

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the risk of incurring Pipedude's wrath and losing support, I'm going to return to the OP and nominate Don Sisk. :thumbs:

I've just been reading his wonderful book, Joyful Giving. Dr. Sisk was a missionary to Japan, and the church he founded is the largest IFB church in Japan, and Pastor Ogawa, saved through his ministry, is a wonderful man of God. Later, Dr. Sisk became Far Eastern Director of BIMI, then General Director for many years. Nowadays he is the missions teacher at West Coast Baptist College.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Dr. Sisk teaches missions at West Coast!? Man, I wish we hadn't missed out on that!

I also did not know he was once a missionary to Japan. Where is his church located? I was looking into going with BIMI after I was first called to the mission field and before I was married. He wrote me a letter of encouragement himself after I wrote and asked about opportunities for single ladies working with the handicapped on the field.

One other who I admire is Brother Bill Rice, who influenced me greatly through "Brother Super". :)

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

FBC did you attend MBC?

8. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

You are right! I just skipped out on the word "today". Well then.........let's just be picky. What about the word "Leaders"? A long time ago and my memory fails me for sure, I read a sentence that stuck with me (at least partially), "He who leadeth when no one followeth, simply taketh a walk". Could we go ahead and go back and single out every person who listed another person and then run them through the test I just listed and just see who is left? :rolleyes:
    Thanks ------Bart
    ....pray hard and squeeze the trigger gently.

9. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Great Preachers in Fundamentalism Today

Here are some other guys for your consideration:

Ron Comfort (http://ifbpreaching.com/ron_comfort.html)
    Tom Farrell (http://www.farrellministries.org/)
    Dwight Smith (listen at http://www.ambassadors.edu/OnlineSermons/default.asp)
    Mike Pelletier
    Morris Gleiser
    Steve Pettit
    Keven Brownfield
    Bobby Roberson (http://www.glbcs.org/glbcs_031.htm)

We have a number of elder statesmen in Drs. Sisk, Roberson, Malone, Moritz, et. al. A few of us still around are fortunate enough to remember sitting under the preaching of other giants such as Drs. Rice, Parker, Pickering, Sightler, Greene, McCormick, et. al. who are now with the Lord.

John is entirely right about the quality of the men on the mission field. There are many great men there who are the unsung heroes of the faith. We may never hear of them until the Judgment Seat when our Saviour says, "Well done!" (BTW, I'm very encouraged about the new crop of candidates headed to the field.)

#49 paidagogos, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  10. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Nope... didn't go there...

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Poor Bro. Fred will be heartbroken when I tell him that is being considered an "elder" statesman :);)

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh:
    And the hair he has left isn't even gray yet! God bless 'im.

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Sisk worked down in the Kansai area, where the majority of the BIMI folk are. I believe the church he founded was in Kobe, not too far from where that big earthquake was some years back--though that church was not damaged in the quake.

Amen! I loved his book Cowboy Boots in Darkest Africa. He was the most interesting preacher I've ever heard.

True story: in the 1950's the Bill Rice Ranch had an outdoor tabernacle with those bare yellow light bulbs that were supposed to keep away bugs. Dr. Bill used to carry a .22 six shooter, and boy could he shoot. During a sermon once he shot out a light bulb--got everyone's attention immediately! :eek: :laugh:

14. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Those men could all preach up a storm.

Dr. and Mrs. Tom Malone are both ill nowadays. He has finally turned over the helm of the college to Dr. David Carr.

15. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Those men could all preach up a storm.

Dr. and Mrs. Tom Malone are both ill nowadays. He has finally turned over the helm of the college to Dr. David Carr.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Due to his "advanced age" Dr Moritz told me he resigning his position today :);).

I knew he'd love that one :).

NO RUMOURS PLEASE - THIS IS ONLY A JOKE!!!

17. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: :laugh:

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well, the fact that he said he was resigning was true.

He was joking :):)

NO RUMOURS PLEASE DR FRED MORITZ IS NOT RESIGNING!!

19. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yes, they are both looking feeble. I am not use to seeing Doc like that. I attended MBC in the 70's and attended Emmanuel for 18 years. I spent so much time with Doc, playing ball, riding motorcycles and doing breakfast together. He use to have a person in our church who owned a pizza place that came over to deliever one about every other weekend. He would come over (lived across the street) in his bath robe and give it too us. He couldn't eat cheese. But Doc, dispite the years has always amazed me with his strength while aging. God has blessed Dr. Malone with a long and healthy life. Last time I stopped he didn't remember me. He said give him a hint. I said "Tim if you don't throw me the ball your outta my gymn" He chuckled and said " Tim, we sure had a lot of good times together didn't we?" I got chance few got in getting to know Doc. NOt only that but it did allow me to speak freely and disagree with him and not get kicked out of church!:thumbs: Although I am not in that camp (kjv only) We managed to stay friends and still talk every once in a while.
    As for Dave Carr I wish him the best but I don't think him or his dad have the ability to save MBC. I went to college with Dave Carr and was in a couple of his dad's classes. My opinion, they rule their church like kings and not servants. Now don't get all upset I stated "my opinion". So take it for what it is worth.

20. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I would include Ron Brooks here too because he was my teacher. He said that it made him feel old just to see how much older I appeared.

(Man, am I in trouble now if Ron Brooks reads this or someone tells him. :( C4K, I sure hope that talebearing is not your besetting sin! :D)