1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greatest NFL season?????

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by bobbyd, Jan 2, 2006.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

OK, my personal opionion (which isn't worth a whole lot usually) is that this was one of...if not the best NFL season that i can recall in my short life.

With the exception of the 2 homefield winners in each conference...nearly every other playoff scenario was not determined until today; the last day of the season!

Now keep in mind, i'm talking about this season being great in terms of competition. Obviously there are plenty of blackeyes like TO, the Vikes boat issues, Tice being fired, the Saints (Yes, i'm in LA and i'm a saints fan by default) and what ever else we can think of.

I will be watching the playoffs a little closer this year because i think there is going to be some real surprises and some serious competition!

in HIS grip
    bobby

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The greatest season for me was 1985-1986 when my beloved Bears won the Superbowl beating the New England Patriots 46-10.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

How about that great game in 63 with Billy Wade at Qb. They beat NYG for the title, 14 to 10 great game.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

[​IMG]

Brother Ian, I am in complete agreement. Even if the 2005 Bears win the Super Bowl, that season will be the best and will never be topped. After 20 years, I still remember every score and details about each game.

5. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

The first Steeler Super Bowl Year .

6. rozy

rozy Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kurt Warner

The greatness of this year, btw, is that we get REGGIE!!!

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

How about that great game in 63 with Billy Wade at Qb. They beat NYG for the title, 14 to 10 great game. </font>[/QUOTE]If we're going to go back that far, I'm going to have to say Chuck "Concrete Charlie" Bednarik sitting on Jim Taylor's chest while the clock runs out in '60.

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I believe that was the only time GB under Vince lost a Title game. I loved your Qb Norm Van Brocklan(spelling might be off) and Billy Barns on that team as well as Chuck, but I'm not an Eagle or a Bear fan or a Green Bay fan either.
    I just like good games and that 60 game was one of the better ones.

9. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

OK, but how about competition wise...has their been a better season?

I will admit, that 85 Bears season was one of the greatest in terms of domination, but they squashed everyone (except for the Dolphins), including the Pats in the Super Bowl.

I love it when my team wins it all and wins it all big...but i would love to see more competative seasons like this one.
    I'm hoping it stays this way all the way to the Super Bowl.

10. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

1991, because I played that season over and over on Nintendo's Tecmo Super Bowl. Plus, it was the closest the Lions ever got to the Super Bowl, losing (blown-out actually) to the Skins in the NFC Championship.

1990 was also good, esp. the playoffs and Super Bowl (Norwood's miss).

1997 was cool when Denver and Green Bay played in the greatest Super Bowl of all-time. That's right, folks - you heard it here first - it was the greatest.

1999 was very good - St. Louis Rams Super Bowl win and a very underrated Titans team. Remember the Music City Miracle?

The greatest NFL year ever will be when the Super Bowl has two 18-0 teams face each other. (Yes, that is 18 - when the NFL wisely gets rid of 2 pre-season games and expands the regular season.) Will it happen? Probably sometime, unless you are a Dispy and expect the Rapture to occur in your lifetime. ;)

11. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

How about that great game in 63 with Billy Wade at Qb. They beat NYG for the title, 14 to 10 great game. </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry, I didn't see that game. That was the year I was born. [​IMG]

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greatest season by one team HAS to be the '72 Dolphins. Speaks for itself.