1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greek Study Guides

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Stephen Mills, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Stephen Mills

Stephen Mills New Member

Next semester I'm beginning my study of Attic Greek in the classics department of my school. I've heard the class is pretty tough and wanted to get a jump by buying a text so I can learn some of the basics. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rgretfully, most of us here have only studied Koine Greek for reading the NT. It's kinda sorta (folks, I'm weasling here okay?) like the difference between Old English and the English of Chaucer.

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Mastronarde is good. I also found Smyth to be an excellent reference grammar.

Attic uses the dual and optative ALOT more than the Hellenistic Greek of the NT. It'll be worth the time!

4. NateT

NateT Member

Why not find out what professor you will have, go talk to him and ask what tips he would have. He will probably be able to give you the name of the text he'll use and you can get it and get exposed to it before class.