1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

greening of the church pt3

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Part 2

You're evidently depending on strangers to mean Gentiles. Not so. These are of Israel of the dispersion. They were now strangers. Verse 3 tells they are begotten again. Compare I Peter 2:9, with Exodus 19:6. Didn't God foreknow this of His people? How many Gentile Priests did God appoint in the Bible?
    Yes, Galatians was my reference. Peter had the keys to that promised Kingdom, but Paul was given the Grace gospel into the Body of Christ.
    No denying Peter was the first of those Apostles based in Jerusalem to show how the Gentile must be justified, as we see in Acts 10. We know Peter was including only those Jerusalem Apostles, and others, for in verse 10 of Acts 15 Peter is convincing them they should not tell a Gentile wishing to be in the Body of Christ they first must be circumcised, water baptized, keep the Sabbath, or other laws applicable only the Jew, and their proselytes.

Should we believe Peter to have been the Apostle to the Gentile also? If so, why did he shake the hand of Paul, and say I will not preach to the Gentile. He said this in the same meeting. Peter was not given the gospel to preach to others the Body of Christ. I really don't know why so many do not really believe what Peter says, or what Paul says.

Here Peter says those Gentiles received the Holy Ghost, just as they had, and their hearts had been cleansed By Faith, and they then received the Holy Ghost, and spoke with tongues. It says not one word they entered into the Body of Christ, and sealed in.
    Scripture tells us troublers came from the Apostolic Jewish Jerusalem church preaching the gospel of Moses, they had to be circumcised, and become as the Jew in all their religious rites. This is the reason Paul, and Barnabas went up by revelation to see the Apostles, and tell them to inform the misguided one, to stop lying to the Gentile. We know the troubles are still with us today.
    Surely you jest. Acts 21-23 should open your eyes. Doesn't James of the Law and Works want Paul as a Jew to do as does the Jew? Paul a Jew would do what James wanted him to do, but God said no blood sacrifice.
    Notice you would not touch the secret. I can see why, for you could not accept what the man at Dallas Seminary was explaining to you. So I believe I may be saying some of the same things, but you do not believe what I show you in the Bible. That is certainly your right, and you do have Free Will to choose who, and what you believe.
    Christian friend Iconoclast, here is my view, and it is the view taken by those in the Body of Christ, who will be with Him for all eternity. II Corinthians 5:16, "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." I believe He will reach down up catch me up to Him, for that is what He revealed to my Apostle. I see most want to follow Jesus as he spoke about a Kingdom that was coming, as they believe they will be saved into that Kingdom.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well....ituttut....I am glad we find agreement in this;
    I will respond more later on...am tired now and i did have a few more questions to offer.....thanks for your responses so far,and am glad you still are serving God with zeal!

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ituttut,
    Well....I do know this teaching but I find it discards parts of the bible that I believe are meant to be together....so we are going to differ for sure...

I am going to be in dallas this next week, I start in memphis on monday...but finish my trip in Dallas.....Are you living near Dallas?

you asked this;
    1]Melchizedek

2] all believing gentiles In Christ
    In Christ all believers are priests and Kings...in the Ot among the theocracy..there were none.

I believe they preached the same gospel...not two different gospels;;

I believe the bible teaches all the apostles were for all the church...not that Paul was "my " apostle

Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

#23 Iconoclast, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

As you say, for sure we do differ on what we believe we see in what God had hidden from all men until…
    Yes close Dallas; In and out.

1] Satan said he would be like Elyon (Isaiah 14:14). Do you believe God is a Gentile, whom you say Melchizedek is?

2] Only through the loins of Isaac are the Priests of God.

This saying is held by many, and is partial truth as we find in the n the book of Revelation. Not all as you may think, but all those of Israel. As I have said before I believe in predestination, and I also believe in free will of a believer as we live in this present evil age. Some choose just as Revelation points out, i.e. those of the Lamb. Jesus as the Lamb tells us specifically whom He came for. The Lamb is for those He says He came for while He lived on this earth. The nation of Israel rejected the Lamb of God. Jesus gave His Apostles a prayer to pray to the Father, and it is not prayed in the name of our Lord Jesus Chris. "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." The OT says God's chosen people; those of Israel will inherit the earth.

God leaves no doubt about who it is that will be the Kings and Priests of God in Revelation 5:9-10, "And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth."

Some choose to be with Israel on the earth, and some choose to be with Christ in the heavenlies. The above in Revelation confirms what was revealed to Paul. Notice to whom it is that God's people are redeemed, and how it is done. Verse 9 says His People are redeemed to God (and Father) those that are justified BY faith.

So many people do believe such a thing.

I can see that.

I believe Peter, as he spoke to those Apostles, and leaders of the Pentecostal church in Jerusalem, of which Paul had no part. But can you show that Peter was appointed as The Apostle to the Gentile Nations, to the whole world? Doesn't Peter himself tell us GOD MADE ME DO IT brethren? Peter lets all know The deed is done, and I hope you will believe me when I say, "What was I, that I could withstand God?" Peter is pleading with them to not believe he would have ever done such a humiliating, and sinful thing as go under the roof of a Gentile, and even eat with them, at Their table. He is saying I didn't understand, but I simply did this one thing that God told me to do.

Look in Acts 11, verse 1, and poor Peter had no more than got back to Jerusalem than James and the others were ready to Tar and Feather him. Why? He, Peter, nor any other upstanding Jew in Jerusalem, Judah knew they were not to be associated with heathens. They demanded this sinful man explain his crazy act. I wonder what they would have done (had they not listened to his defense) if they found out he had eaten a Pork Chop.

But for the truth we should admit that Peter did shake the hand of Paul, and say he (Peter) would not again preach to the Gentile, the Gospel of Uncircumcised. Also as we see further in Acts, and Galatians, they still had doubts about Peter, for James had completely took over the apostolic church, which did still require Works. This we should not deny for he says such in Acts, and then in his Book to the Twelve Tribes that are scattered. James has no word at all for the heather, other than may become proselytes, and be their servants in the Kingdom that will come.

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ituttut,

You view of Israel does not match the biblical view of Israel.....all of the difference flows from you not "seeing" what God declares about who is Israel

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member