1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greeting from Kentucky.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by puros_bran, Aug 27, 2008.

1. puros_bran

puros_bran Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Everyone.

I'm Brandon from Brandenburg KY. I have been reading the forums for a couple weeks now and finally decided to join to get rid of the ads. There is a lot of interesting discussion going on here and hopefully at some point I'll be able to add to it.

From reading here I have discovered that I am a slightly Calvinistic, Reformed, KJO-er Baptist.
    :laugh: :laugh: Hopefully I don't discover more labels, thats a long enough one as it is..:laugh: :laugh: (To be clear I don't hold the KJO position radically, I accept the MV's but learned to read in a KJV,memorized from KJV, and am generally just more comfortable there. I have purchased a NASB , we will see how that goes, maybe I'm not as antiquated as I sometimes feel in Sunday school)

Anyhoot I believe in the redeeming work of Jesus on the Cross, all this other stuff we label ourselves and each other with is secondary and hopefully doesn't stand in the way of fellowship.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Hi Brandon

Nice to meet you :) Hope to interact with you soon

Blessings,

Joe

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Brandon.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hello Brandon!

A great BIG welcome to the BB from the great state of Illinois!

Come on down to the COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE in "All Other Discussions", where as Christians, we are all on common ground...

It is a great place to kick back, relax, and get to know each other. And we have FREE food and beverages!

Blessings,
    §ue :)

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

A hearty welcome from me, way down here in the western end of Kentucky. Hop on a boat and head down the Ohio, we're not that far away.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

8. JOAN OF ARC

JOAN OF ARC New Member

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Welcome from the Great Pacific Northwest. Your KJ position is what we on the board call KJ preferred. enjoy yor time here.:wavey:

10. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Welcome, from the east side of the state. Looks like you are a KJV preferred instead of an onlyist, whish is fine either way. The NASB is my favorite, I think you will like it. I have several versions laying around that I read. I too grew up on a KJV, it is beautiful writing.