1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greetings In the Name of Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hark, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello brothers & sisters,

I do not know how long or if the Lord will have me continue posting here or not, but I have to say that I love you in Christ Jesus no matter where you are in life and I trust Jesus as my Good Shepherd to help me share the truth in His words, all of them, in proper respect from the Old Covenant which is vanishing towards the New Covenant which testifies of Jesus Christ to His glory as Saviour by faith in Him alone without partiality.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Works have their place, but not for salvation.

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

If a saved believer is looking to works for salvation, then that would be considered as labouring in unbelief.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God......21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.......29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

May God cause the increase in the reading of His words so that your joy may be full as I lean on Him for equally sharpening as well so as to bear more fruit.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the welcome !!! :wavey:

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!

5. Hark