1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greetings to all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hermeneut7, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A man of older English Baptist belief here, who worships with a Bible Presbyterian Church. I find the God of the Bible to be sovereign and I do believe in the predestination, predetermination and the foreordination of all by God, but I try to shun man-made theological labels and stick to words and concepts of Scripture. I hope these discussion forums will be a way to prompt more learning.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Glad to have you here. You'll have plenty of opportunities to defend your views. It gets quite lively here on occasion.

Just curious, if you're Baptist by conviction, why do you not attend a Baptist church? Just asking.

3. Hermeneut7

Hermeneut7 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Tom, sorry I missed your message until this evening. I actually was not so much interested in debating theological labels here, but hoping to fellowship as well as see if others are seeing the church in such a mess like it was prior to the Protestant Reformation. I am disgusted at TV preacher types, Amway sales methods passed off as preaching the gospel, clergy preaching against sexual perversions and then committing it themselves, the devil's music imported into the churches, etc. I do not have any free grace preaching Baptist churches close to me, but I do have a Presbyterian church in my neighborhood that still adheres to the old fundamentals of the faith and free grace. I found there are other men in this Presbyterian church who are active and they are also Baptists who can find no true Baptists in our area. Again, sorry I overlooked your reply. Oh, one last thing... I am having a bit of a culture shock in the churches I did visit... informal to the max! hahaha..

4. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Welcome Ned.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome aboard!! :wavey:

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome to the board!