1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChildofGod, May 3, 2017.

1. ChildofGod

ChildofGod New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Baptist Board members. I was raised Nazarene (in fact, my father was a Nazarene pastor, now retired), and I'm now attending, and a member of, a Southern Baptist church. My husband was born and raised in Reform Judaism, and spent his childhood between the USA and Israel. His family also founded one of the largest temples in our state, currently over 1,500 families attend, back in 1854 and has been intricately involved since. So, needless to say it, hasn't been an easy road for him to travel. He became a Christian just 5 years ago after about a decade researching and studying (and lots and lots and lots of prayer on my end). We've also been married 5 years. We have two girls, mine by blood, his by love. The oldest is currently working on her Masters in Christian Ministry with a focus on global studies. She plans to spend her life in the Mission field, and feels particularly lead to Mongolia. Of course she wants to go wherever the Lord leads. She has already spent some time in Mongolia teaching and witnessing. Our youngest is just finishing up high school.

We moved to where we reside about 4 years ago and have been attending our church for 3 years, members for 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome! Sounds like you have been blessed with a wonderful family.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, ChildoGod. Our neighbor, who recently passed away, was also the son of a Church of the Nazarene preacher. I believe his father ministered in several places, and is buried in the Panhandle of Texas.

Hope you find the board a blessing.